after molt booty

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
They sqeeze alot of liquids out of the abdomen into the rest of the body to aid in extraction from the molt, and to fill out the new skin while its flexible.

-Sean

Gigas

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
As shadow said, they need to inflate the new soft limbs whilst they can, also the need to be able to grow into it.

MindUtopia

Arachnoking
Old Timer
And if you think about it...all that you see now had to fit inside the old exuvium, so it makes sense that it would obviously have to be smaller in order for that to happen. If it truly looks "shrunken", as in like collapsed inward, it could be a sign of dehydration or loss of hemolyph, in which case you will want to provide it with a good quantity of fresh water. More than likely though what you are seeing is just the smaller size of the abdomen post-molt.

Heather

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Phew! I am so glad someone posted this same Q!

My Pokie just molted this morning... I wasn't expecting such a change in the size! It is at least half the size it was. It looks nice and stretched... no wrinkles or such.

I have dealt with T's molting... but never any in my own collection (as I just started mine a few months ago!)

I tried to look at the exuvium... but the abdomen was so shrively that I couldn't make heads nor tails of it :? ... so it went on its Michael Jacobi this morning.

Congrats on your T's molt!