After a Molt

Laceface

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Last monday my first T (G rosea) molted for the first time. She was webbed in for a week or two before hand, and still is now. I know its normal to wait about a week before offering a cric again, but should I wait for her to leave her hide? Or let it go in to her? Will she wait till shes ready to eat before she comes out, or could she stay in longer? I know its just from the molt, but her abdomen looks so little, and don't want to have her wait longer then necessary.
So, basically, what is the rule of thumb for feeding after a molt?

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
If she's an adult it could take like three weeks before she'll eat. If she's still webbed up in her hide, she's def not ready.

-Sean

Laceface

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thought so. The molt was about 3.5 inches..so I should wait for her to come out before offering food?

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Thought so. The molt was about 3.5 inches..so I should wait for her to come out before offering food?
Absolutely. If she's not ready, the cricket could seriously hurt her, or she might break a still-soft fang *trying* to eat it. At that size I'd wait two weeks to be sure. My rosie is a little bigger than that, and I gave it three weeks.

It takes them months or years to starve, so there's no rush. :)

Laceface

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Mmk, thank you much! I figured id have to wait for her to leave her hide, wanted to be absolutely positive, would feel horrible if she were to get hurt/killed. Thank you for the help!