African Tarantulas are Born Pissed* !

Najakeeper

Arachnoprince
So 2 months after buying a nice pair of Monocentropus balfouri, I have seen my female once or twice and that was before she completed her burrow. Even though I am content with pet holes, this particular species is so beautiful that I want to see her at least once a month or so. This is what I see after waiting about a month and a half:

:evil:

And this is right after she decides to go back to her burrow:

I am eagerly awaiting my next visual probably within the next two months. :D

Gotta love the old world tarantulas...

*In this particular thread, the word "pissed" was used to exaggerate the "defensiveness" of mentioned animals. I am aware that tarantulas are cute and cuddly critters that only "act up" in a purely defensive manner.

nesok

Arachnopeon
OK. I actually laughed out loud when I saw the top pic! But she's gorgeous enough to be worth the wait until your next visitation.

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Sheeyoot, you call that pissed? Her fangs aren't even extended, much less dripping venom! I think she just want a hug from daddy. Seriously though, nice pics of a beautiful T.

Najakeeper

Arachnoprince
Looks like its just leaning up against the glass of the enclosure...mine does that too.
Nope, she wasn't leaning against anything. She threw me a threat posture as soon as I opened her enclosure door sobI took a picture.