Advice on enclosure for metallic pink toe

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
Wow!! She’s so beautiful! 😍

I just picked up 2 bigger pieces of cork that I’ve angled aroundand added some more leaves for cover and anchor points. The bigger piece is hollow so she could go inside if she wanted. My T is still hanging out on the glass away from the bark and I’m really looking forward to seeing her explore the new stuff. I haven’t misted or anything and just kept the water dish filled, as per everyone’s instructions. I’ll take a photo tomorrow morning in the light. Hoping this is more suitable and she likes it a lot.
yes, Lucretia is a doll. I need to find her an eligible bachelor. I am getting fearful she may only have a handful of years left. She's been in the collection and as an adult for quite a few years now. Versi don't have the lifespan of some terrestrial species. We have a standard avic avic and 2 Pokies in our arboreal collection

maggiefiasco

Arachnosquire
E6AFD459-D85E-4ABD-AF2D-993178DA35C4.jpeg
57F9435B-FF88-4823-BAAC-48CC01D60E68.jpeg
E9B116D8-30C1-42DD-8AF9-792A25FCF1CA.jpeg
UPDATE: I’ve added 2 larger pieces of cork bark, the middle piece is leaned up against the back maybe an inch or two lower than the top. I also added leaves on two sides toward the top to give her cover and anchor points.

im working on getting a piece of acrylic/plexiglass cut and holes drilled so I can replace the screen on top. I’ve taken everyone’s advice and am not troubling myself with humidity. Definitely no misting, just filling the water dish.

But she hasn’t moved from the front glass in 2 days. She did eat yesterday, but I’m a little disappointed that she hasn’t checked out the bark at all.

any suggestions on how to encourage her to explore the new additions? Or will she just get around to it eventually? Most of my experience is with terrestrials, I just want to make sure I’m doing this right for an arboreal.

Last edited:

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
just wait, she'll get there, enjoy the time now because as soon as she finds the back of the bark she will be out of sight the majority of the time

maggiefiasco

Arachnosquire
just wait, she'll get there, enjoy the time now because as soon as she finds the back of the bark she will be out of sight the majority of the time
So basically I just need to stop messing with it and be patient and assured she’ll figure it out?

I can see little bits of webbing she’s started on that front glass, and when I’m gone for long periods of time and then come home and check on her and she’s still on the glass I’m like “No, silly! Go check out what I made for you!”

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
So basically I just need to stop messing with it and be patient and assured she’ll figure it out?

I can see little bits of webbing she’s started on that front glass, and when I’m gone for long periods of time and then come home and check on her and she’s still on the glass I’m like “No, silly! Go check out what I made for you!”
yeah, they figure it out and as soon as they do they get to work. Just know if she's webbing she must be feeling pretty secure.

Paul Bisacca

Arachnopeon
View attachment 360834
View attachment 360835
View attachment 360836
UPDATE: I’ve added 2 larger pieces of cork bark, the middle piece is leaned up against the back maybe an inch or two lower than the top. I also added leaves on two sides toward the top to give her cover and anchor points.

im working on getting a piece of acrylic/plexiglass cut and holes drilled so I can replace the screen on top. I’ve taken everyone’s advice and am not troubling myself with humidity. Definitely no misting, just filling the water dish.

But she hasn’t moved from the front glass in 2 days. She did eat yesterday, but I’m a little disappointed that she hasn’t checked out the bark at all.

any suggestions on how to encourage her to explore the new additions? Or will she just get around to it eventually? Most of my experience is with terrestrials, I just want to make sure I’m doing this right for an arboreal.
I have a ExoTerra and cork tube just like yours, mine webbed it up and basically stays either in the tube or on it, unless it is hunting when I dump in a cricket or 2. 2 years with screen no issues. No misting, just water dish on bottom, clean the dish maybe once a month if I think about it. Water dish on side (Zilla with magnet), I have seen it drink several times.