Advice, 1st time AF Scorpion pregnancy...

Matthew2025

Arachnopeon
Ok. So. I've 2 AF Scorpions. Imotep, and Anak-Su-Namun. Anyhow, she's pregnant. I know she is at least 5 months... the entirety I've had her and him, she's never burrowed. Until recently. I am curious if that means she's close to having babies? Also, I know they stay pregnant 10 to 12 months. I just don't know for certain how long she's been pregnant. Also... I don't want to take a chance of Imotep eating the babies so I separated the 2. I'll post a Pic of her, and the new enclosure I've for her. Thank you in advanced for your time, and advice. Forgive her if she seems pissy lol. She was NOT happy I moved her. Lol.

Attachments

Crom

Arachnosquire
She's getting there. Just keep it moist and warm, low to mid 80s daytime. Don't feed until a couple days after the babies molt the first time, then try ting feeding a large dubia. I leave babies with mom for a month or so at least, and if/when I seperate them I keep the babies together. In the wild Heterometrinae species most often with show material care for an extended period of time and feed them themselves, you can find colonies of moms and their juvenile to subadult young even. People often say to seperate babies after they leave her back, but if the hide is secure enough and you feed mom plenty cannibalism should be minimal if any

Matthew2025

Arachnopeon
She's getting there. Just keep it moist and warm, low to mid 80s daytime. Don't feed until a couple days after the babies molt the first time, then try ting feeding a large dubia. I leave babies with mom for a month or so at least, and if/when I seperate them I keep the babies together. In the wild Heterometrinae species most often with show material care for an extended period of time and feed them themselves, you can find colonies of moms and their juvenile to subadult young even. People often say to seperate babies after they leave her back, but if the hide is secure enough and you feed mom plenty cannibalism should be minimal if any
Than

Thank you for the advice!