Adult sizes for a few species....?

Matttoadman

Arachnoknight
I have been trying to find the adult sizes of the below species but can't find it anywhere. Haplocosmia himalayana and nepalensis, Selenocosmia javanensis. Anyone know?

G. pulchra

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Here you go.

Here is some basic info on this species. It might help to get you on the right track. If I dig out the original paper I will post it up for you. One should bear in mind that many of the original descriptions are very short.

Hope this helps.

Ray Hale
British Tarantula Society Committee

Selenocosmia javanesis

Location: Malay Peninsula: Sumatra, Java and the Nicobar Islands

Common Name: Java Yellow kneed tarantula

Authority: Walckenaer 1837:”Histoire naturelle des Insects”. Apteres.Tome I. Paris

Other Relevant References:

H.C.Abrahams 1924: Proceedings of the Zoological Society of London:4

General Description:A female specimen is described. The overall integument is brown. The carapace is covered in with greyish yellow hair. The abdomen is brown as are the legs. It is overall lighter in colour than S.fuliginea. The carapace is a little longer than the patella + tibia of leg IV. The anterior eyes are as long as the medians. The cluster of bacilli on the maxillae is thick with distal end being wide and rounded. The bristles on the mandibles are more abundant and attenuate than in S.fuliginea. The tarsal scopulae on leg IV are not divided. The patella +tibia of leg I is longer than leg IV.

Carapace: 20mm Total Length:42mm
Legs:4,1,2,3

Legs Total
1 52
2 45
3 41
4 55

This is based on the original description of this species. I keep my Selenocosmia species in very deep substrate and keep them fairly humid ( 80%). I tend to spray rather than use a water dish.

Hope this helps

Matttoadman

Arachnoknight
So the 42 mm is the length of carapace and abdomen and the leg numbers are individual leg measurements? So not a large t overall. That's cool I am looking for species that are around 3 inches or so. Small but not dwarf.