Adult male tokay

Spiderface

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have one juvie leopard gecko at the moment but that's it for now. I have thought about getting into cresteds but I'm still undecided.

DrGigglez666

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Nice gecko i heard either tokays were aggressive or its this yellow king that looks like a tokay but yellow!! :?

Masurai

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Nice gecko i heard either tokays were aggressive or its this yellow king that looks like a tokay but yellow!! :?
tokays can be quite aggressive. But i have a friend who has had great success taming them.

zimbu

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Oh damn he looks nice. Do you know if he's WC or CB? How big a setup do you have him in? How active do you find they are in captivity? I've been considering getting one of those for a while..

Anything in particular a potential keeper would want to know about them? Want me to stop asking questions? :D

Ted

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i used to keep alot of them..mine were all aggressive.
the largest i had was nearly a foot long.
slept behind a bookshelf, and would come out at night and eat the mice we put on the stereo speaker.
they give seriously mean bites, and upon occasion, they did NOT want to let go..biting harder and harder the more you tried.
even waving rubbing alcohol under their noses or putting them under water did not make them let go.

btw..they can leap five feet,:p

lol..those were the days.

one bit of advice is to not pester them..they are reclusive and get stressed out super easily.

monitormonster

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The adult male Tokay I used to have was a foot long and really nice. I wouldnt mind getting another one someday

Rain_Flower

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Your tokay is very cute, looks like a little fatty compared to mine, lol. Oh and I definately reccomend crested geckos, they are soo sweet. You wouldn't regret getting a crested, they're awesome.

sidguppy

Arachnopeon
I've seen foot-long Tockey's just a week or so ago; romping along in my bungalow on the holiday (I was on Koh Tao, Thailand)

they sure make a ruckus, calling to each other at night.

but it's very nice going to the bathroom, sleepy, and seeing this psychedelic blue and red monster staring back, sitting on top of the mirror

I love em
:D

btw the Thai variety is quite different: much more elongated, with a very deep blue skin and far less red spots.

KingBowser

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Years ago I had a huge one that escaped out of his cage and somehow made it outside and lived on the backyard patio for years. On summer nights he would come out and "bark" the tokay call. When it started getting cooler I would catch him and keep him inside until it warmed up. Interesting lizard despite the attitude.

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I love tokays, one of my favorite lizards. I used to have a breeding trio in a large arboreal vivarium in my living room and they were so much fun to watch. One of the females bit the heck out of me one time, I still have a scar over one of the knuckles on my right hand.

Beautiful specimen in your pic, definitely makes me want to own them again. I've also kept Gekko vittatus in the past and they're fun, too.