acquiring large scutigerids

Pulk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i was looking at old threads and found this post from Randolph... i didn't know there were any scutigerids larger than 1-2 inches. incredible!

is there any way to get any large scutigerid type centipede?

Randolph XX()

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi there
I have to say that they have high potential to die through shipping since they are quite fragile
they drop their legs very very easily and are sensitive to humidity and temperatures
furthermore, they are mostly not found in large groups/colonies(except some caves, but mostly in unreachable distance/locations), maybe one or two when the collectors get lucky, so the survival rate drops

so i don't really think it is a good idea unless they are locally available

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
pulk, there was a lady selling the boreo (i think) species at that herp show we went to in SD

so there is at least a single specimen locally available. i think nesh or someone has her contact info

Pulk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yeah, I spent a lot of time at that table! But that specimen couldn't have been (much) more than 2" BL... Also, I think she said it wasn't for sale, but if I had to have it it would be $250? Also also, Botar said they were difficult to get because -all- the shipments of those Malaysian centipedes had mites. (I know Botar knows her specifically, too.) ...so I'm looking for a different one (but maybe they're both Thereupoda?)

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yeah, I spent a lot of time at that table! But that specimen couldn't have been (much) more than 2" BL... Also, I think she said it wasn't for sale, but if I had to have it it would be $250? Also also, Botar said they were difficult to get because -all- the shipments of those Malaysian centipedes had mites. (I know Botar knows her specifically, too.) ...so I'm looking for a different one (but maybe they're both Thereupoda?)
she was selling it as Thereupoda

also, it might not have been mature. i forgot to count its legs

Pulk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i -think- i asked if it was mature, and she said yes.

DavidRS

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Here's the one I got from Krazy 8s a the Anaheim NARBC show. I'm interested in any info someone has on it:

Attachments

ftorres

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
House Centis

HEllo All,
David, nice buy.
I think Chris got them from Botar,so you can email him and ask him since he imported them from Malaysia.

Good luck with them, Chris had only two and you got one of them.
regards
ftorres

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
:drool: oh man, that is 1 awesome pede! i'm on the lookout for 1 aswell,i know they must be kept alittle on the moist side(from drying out ofcourse) that setup looks really nice! good luck with that beast.