Acanthoscurria sp "Red" and A. chacoana, same thing?

Walker253

Arachnobaron
I'm receiving an Acanthoscurria sp Red tomorrow. In looking it up for more info, I found a dealer in Europe selling one labeled A. sp Red (chacoana). So I looked up A. chacoana. It looks awfully similar as in about the same as pics of the A sp. Red. Is it possible, probable, or is it the same species?
I know they are uncommon and it's a shot in the dark to get the answer. But if it comes from anywhere, it's this board. I'll get a pic in a few off my phone.

Attachments

Exoskeleton Invertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
This is very irritating sp. red, sp. purple, cf. bs, cf dum dum etc. I'm irritated with this nonsense what Europeans are doing.

Bottom line Acanthoscurria sp. "Red" same species as the Acanthoscurria chacoana.

sjl197

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
"Bottom line Acanthoscurria sp. "Red" same species as the Acanthoscurria chacoana."

Ok .... erm based on what evidence?

I'm sorry - but while i agree lots of random hobby 'spec x', 'cf dum dum' etc can be irritating to some, speaking as someone who has done a bunch of taxonomy what's far more irritating is people jumping to conclusions about identity without solid evidence. I'm most familiar with Central american taxa instead, and for those i can give you a long and distinguished list of valid species names which don't match the hobby stock sold under that name, and several cases where multiple different stock (ie clearly different species) sold under the same name (and wrong for all of them!). So, tell me again why we're jumping to this conclusion above?

Walker253

Arachnobaron
"Bottom line Acanthoscurria sp. "Red" same species as the Acanthoscurria chacoana."

Ok .... erm based on what evidence?

I'm sorry - but while i agree lots of random hobby 'spec x', 'cf dum dum' etc can be irritating to some, speaking as someone who has done a bunch of taxonomy what's far more irritating is people jumping to conclusions about identity without solid evidence. I'm most familiar with Central american taxa instead, and for those i can give you a long and distinguished list of valid species names which don't match the hobby stock sold under that name, and several cases where multiple different stock (ie clearly different species) sold under the same name (and wrong for all of them!). So, tell me again why we're jumping to this conclusion above?
I’m not the expert here by any stretch of the imagination. I bought that A sp red. About 4 months after that, I bought an A chacoana at a show. Both females, both the same size. They are identical. I have to agree with @Exoskeleton Invertebrates on this.