acanthoscurria geniculata

Nathan Danger

Arachnopeon
on the giantspiders site they have the most beautiful pictures of this species...i know this thread lacks a real point, but i figure the sex appeal of this species was enough....

also does anyone know where i may obtain one, because i cant find them here in albuquerque? thanks

LPacker79

ArachnoSpaz
Old Timer
E-spiderworld, Swift's Invertebrates, and Invertepet all have them. Check their sites for sizes and prices.

Leanne

Ravnos

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
One of the first species I owned... awesome spiders. Though, I learned the hard way I'm particularily sensitive to their hairs. :)

Rav

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Nathan you are lucky in that you live in America where there are tons of reputable online spider dealers. Surf around the links section of this page and find yourself a good deal. I am sure you will find one. I have only seen one of these spiders in real life and it was a beautiful spiderling at the local exotics shop.

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
i want one i want one...

really. I do...and Cronoss is soooo close and he has them ....do they grow fast?
I don't seem to know how to say "no". I need TA...T's anonymous...

invertepet

Arachnolord
Old Timer
My understanding (I have not raised geniculatas from spiderlings to adults myself) is that they are fairly rapid in their growth, especially if their VORACIOUS appetite is met! They're ferocious feeders!

bill

Lostkat

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Nathan - good choice. I am yet to see a crappy-looking A. geniculata

I'm in the UK and got an A. geniculata 1.5" spiderling last week. They're all over the place at the moment - just about ever site and breeder I contacted had them. I chose a specific breeder because she had yearlings that she had sexed to the best of her ability.

She's a stunning little sling and her markings are beautiful already. She's on show 100% of the time, which is always nice because my other sling, a B. emilia tends to hide a lot. She'll slowly stomp around her tank, until you pop the lid, and then she goes hell for leather. She can be quite nippy when she wants to, and likes running up the side of her tank or her bark to give me a heart attack and slam the lid back down before she escapes :)She's also a little pig with her food, and is yet to refuse a cricket. Most of them hardly even touch the ground.

Temper wise, I have seen no aggression from her - she's just ran off. But she has a rather pink, bald abdomen so she's been kicking hairs at someone

Here's some pics to tempt you :)

krystal

Arachnodite
Old Timer
a. genic is my favorite tarantula--mine was beautiful, graceful, and would eat 2 pinkys at a time. r.i.p. bela...

but, as bill pointed out to me, i seem to be a fan of the stripey spiders. he's right, i am .