Species Acanthoscurria geniculata

siucfi

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
A. Genics grow like weeds, mine went from a sling to 3.5-4.0 in. in just under a year!

koldaar

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My 2.5" genic is in pre molt right now. He is very dark. I can't wait till he molts! Every morning I wake up i run downstairs to see if he molted or not. I'm a dork!

Arachnomaniak

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I love the species! Post moult pics are always fun cause you get to capture the bright new colours. That is one fat T! Congrats on a successful moult.

becca81

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Arachnomaniak said:
I love the species! Post moult pics are always fun cause you get to capture the bright new colours. That is one fat T! Congrats on a successful moult.
I know! It seemed to fatten up almost instantly. I don't power-feed or anything like that, so I was surprised to see how big its rear got! That's only on 1 or 2 small crickets per week.

aaronrefalo

Arachnolord
Old Timer
most think i like from this species apart from there set of colour is there huge fangs in contrast with does stripes.....awsome example...

Aaron

krusty

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Here is a pic from my A. geniculata. She molted last week.

Best regards,

Ingo

Claes

Arachnopeon
Took a few pics when he was laying under the web and when he picked up the sperm with the emboli and bulbs of his pedipalps.
Enjoy ;)

Claes

Arachnopeon
Jan Laros said:
Very nice pictures! Do you have a female ready for him?
Yes, here she is, they copulated in july of 21 and she was newly molted.
Her abdomen had grown so much since then, it´s more or less crazy.

Claes

Arachnopeon
Anthony said:
Good shots! You do not see that everyday
Yes, they went good. Was really lucky to find him in the mittle of the act :cool:

Last edited:

Mike H.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Here is a shot of my female geniculata, the picture was taken by a buddy of mine "Paradawx", he was over last night picking up a B. smithi sling that I got for him and he snapped off this shot...

Regards, Mike

Blasphemy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Gotta love those carapace shots, it makes them seem like they're staring you down or something. Nice one.