Acanthoscurria chacoana - Growth Rate?

becca81

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Does anyone have any notes on the growth rate of A. chacoana?

Becca

becca81

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Yeah, I've read that before. I'm just not having a similar experience. :)

Ando55

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
They are supposed to be fast growers, how long you had yours for Becca and how big is it?

becca81

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
They are supposed to be fast growers, how long you had yours for Becca and how big is it?
Had it about 5 or 6 months - it's still under 1". No sign of molt or pre-molt and has been well-fed.

I'm never in a rush when it comes to them molting, but thought it was odd that this species was taking longer than I thought it would take.

Ando55

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Had it about 5 or 6 months - it's still under 1". No sign of molt or pre-molt and has been well-fed.

I'm never in a rush when it comes to them molting, but thought it was odd that this species was taking longer than I thought it would take.
I'd say it will really pick up after you have it for year, a few buddies of mine who had exclusively parahybanas and genics thought it was kinda slow for the first year as they got all of theirs at .5-.75 slings, after the 1inch mark they noticed more growth and much faster, once it was at 2inches or so it was off and running, i hope the same goes for yours, keep us updated.:D

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sorry Becca, i don't own one. If I did, I would share with you actual notes on its feeding, molting, and growth rate. ;)

rosehaired1979

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I have had my girl since 2004. It grew from 1.25" to 4.25". So there not really fast growers but not slow either :)

becca81

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I have had my girl since 2004. It grew from 1.25" to 4.25". So there not really fast growers but not slow either :)
Thanks - this is the kind of info I'm looking for. ;)

@Ando55 - I'm not sure how L. parahybana fits into this. I've thought previously that this species was slower growing than A. geniculata, but wasn't certain.

Not nearly as voracious feeders as I had expected.

Becca

Ando55

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks - this is the kind of info I'm looking for. ;)

@Ando55 - I'm not sure how L. parahybana fits into this. I've thought previously that this species was slower growing than A. geniculata, but wasn't certain.

Not nearly as voracious feeders as I had expected.

Becca
I'm not sure too, i guess i must of thrown you off when i said my buddies kept them and L. parahybanas...no way did I mean the parahybana to be included with the claims only the genics, sorry..:eek:

stooka

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
ive got exactly same experience with my A.insubtilis sling.My A.bicoloratum sling is growing faster

becca81

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
ive got exactly same experience with my A.insubtilis sling.My A.bicoloratum sling is growing faster
I've also found A. insubtilis to be medium growing at best.

I've got a juvenile female that isn't a great eater with a very long pre-molt period and over a year in between molts (at a juvenile stage).