About MM Pampho and Xenesthis...

harrypei

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Just a quick question about the MMs of these two genera. When the males mature, do they hook? thanks...:cool:

harrypei

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
so they both hook? :clap: so i guess that guy i have is still immature then...he/she went through some drastic appearance change (mostly color-wise) and that got me thinking there...

M.F.Bagaturov

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hy Harry!
Here: http://tarantulas.tropica.ru/en/node/609#Sex You'll find the list of the genera and species (if any exception in the genus) without tibial apophyses (known also as "hooks", "spurs" etc). So, You see, both genera You've asked as After... told did not possess then in mature males.

harrypei

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hy Harry!
Here: http://tarantulas.tropica.ru/en/node/609#Sex You'll find the list of the genera and species (if any exception in the genus) without tibial apophyses (known also as "hooks", "spurs" etc). So, You see, both genera You've asked as After... told did not possess then in mature males.
:? so you meant that MMs from these two genera lack the hooks? but I didn't find them under the list of genera with tibial apophyses absent on your site though...:confused:

Varden

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Hi Harry,

I've got both types and can say with certainty that both males DO have hooks. If you read down that website link that M.F. gave, you'll find that neither Pamphobeteus or Xenesthis are on it.

harrypei

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi Harry,

I've got both types and can say with certainty that both males DO have hooks. I've sent my Xenethis out to meet other ladies, but I do recall seeing them. My Pamp males, however, are just upstairs.
Thanks Maren!

and btw, you finally changed your mood from "WooT"!

Varden

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I'm still Woot! My husband changed it to tolerant. Apparently, it's a hint. :rolleyes: :eek: