Abdomen bulge in Vinegaroon [pics]

jnet

Arachnopeon
I've had Vonelope since early March and have no idea how old she is. I was told only that she's "young", and to feed her 1-2 times per week. Though, she's never actually eaten since I've been caring for her despite me offering her waxworms with tongs or placing them in her path when she explores. She usually takes them, puts them down, and walks away. I thought she ate one when I couldn't find it to remove... but the moth that appeared in her tank a few days later says otherwise.

Her abdomen has been pretty full and round looking so I'm not overly concerned about her eating.

Since finishing her burrow, she's been less active and doesn't explore her habitat, so I was hoping she might be ready for a molt (A few members here suspected she might be gravid? That'd be cool too).

Luckily, her burrow is at the side of her tank, I keep it covered with post-it notes so it's dark and I can check on her daily. Today I noticed there's a bulge you can see it in the following pictures. (Apologies for the quality as they're through the glass) I'm just wondering if this is a sign of molting? I can't find a lot of information or pictures of Vinegaroons before/during a molt so I'm more curious than concerned.

I've got a tube at the back of her tank to feed water to the bottom of the substrate and I've been misting half of the surface/glass daily since it's quite warm lately.

Attachments

Tarantula155

Arachnobaron
Time will tell.
Once vinegaroons fill up with food, they'll fast for a long time IME.

On the bulge however, we need to wait and see. Hopefully it's nothing life threatening to the little guy. Let it molt.

basin79

ArachnoGod
The actual bulge isn't a sign of premoult but the size of the abdomen and behaviour is.

My lass disappears for months and months when she moults (once a year so far) and is currently underground. Hopefully the bulge is just the angle or she's gravid and they're the babies.