aaarrghhhh!!!!!! does anyone know where i can fin this for sale??????

EndlessForms

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
A. gigas [sub-abult\adult] i have searched every online invert dealer i know and they aren't available anywhere!!! do any of you know where to buy these african giant millipedes?? [and i'm hoping not to have st spend 40$ bucks a pede]

jt39565

Arachnoknight
I have been looking too. They are no longer imported, very few stateside breeders You most likely will pay more than $40 - I will pm you with someone that contacted me when I posted looking for them.

neubii18

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
They are very hard to aquire now.And I haven't seen babies cheaper than $50 from KTBG.

Falk

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Look at the European market and you will find them.

Falk

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
A captive bred AGB is far cheaper than a move to Europe.
He he you are probably right, but if you get the chanse you should visit Hamm when they have their expos. You will find all kinds of bugs to european prices:)

thumpersalley

Roach Lovers Mom
Old Timer
Peter at Bugs in Cyberspace has them & so does DoubleDDs, they are both around $50 or so. Peter has one that is around $45 but it was special & I cant remember why. Kim

Fyreflye

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Arachnophile, if you find some AGBs for sale, get several of them and start a breeding project so we can have more of these in the hobby! Unfortunately, they are quite slow to grow and mature. :(

EndlessForms

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Arachnophile, if you find some AGBs for sale, get several of them and start a breeding project so we can have more of these in the hobby! Unfortunately, they are quite slow to grow and mature. :(
i have a 4" male right now! no female though but when he grows up i will try and find someone with a female and breed them

pouchedrat

Arachnolord
Old Timer
yeah I keep wondering if that's my girl or not, and was tempted to buy her to see. I miss em terribly, had the girls for a couple years... but could never find a male for sale!

I think i'm done with millipedes now, lol. Sticking with tarantulas and whip scorpions when it comes to inverts

Elytra and Antenna

Arachnoking
Arachnosupporter +
The females are the common ones, I've seen 20 or more in some C.B. groups with zero males. Wild ones were pretty much always 50/50 but for some reason it's not strange for the CB to end up all female and they don't reproduce without a male.
BIC has males and females but males cost a lot more.

scoloclown

Arachnopeon
I snagged a five lot of A. gigas from Tarantula Inc. last summer for $75 for the five. I consider myself lucky, because they sold out after that and I haven't seen them anywhere since, especially not at $15 a piece! Mine are steadily growing, albeit slowly. When I get them breeding (hopefully I have at least one male/female pair) I'll be offering up some babies on here.

scoloclown

Arachnopeon
African giants at KtBG

by the way, KtBG has some right now (as of January 14, 2011). Two sub adults and something like three 1 inch babies. Sub adults are 99 bucks and the babies are $65.