A walk with Psalmopoeus....in miniature

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
After looking at the lovely pics in "A walk with Psalmopoeus...." I decided I had to get my P cambridgei spiderling out for some pictures.
I didn't actually intend to handle him, but he came right over the edge of the tank and I had nothing to offer but my hand.
I was utterly amazed at his docility - compared to handling hyperactive Avics this was childs play. No running, no jumpiness, just deliberate, graceful, slow movements - like an arboreal G rosea :)
He only moulted yesterday, and his abdominal markings have begun to fade. Hope you enjoy the pics.

PLEASE NOTE

Psalmopoeus is not generally considered a handleable spider, they are know to be defensive, nervy and prone to bite - any attempts at handling this species are undertaken at your own risk.

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
After the photoshoot he calmly walked back into his jar - none of the "Get back in the tank you sonofabitch" wrangling that you get with Avics. :)

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
what a cutie! how large is it again?

well, i think you got some great shots there man. really nice.

awesome T. :)

Dafne

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Awww... Great pictures and the T is sooooo cute :D
Thanks for sharing... :)

si_sleaf

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Nice pics Lopez, thanks for putting them up. I should (hopefully) be getting my P.cambridgei tomorrow. Can't wait:cool:

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Nice pics! But what is that you're wearing?

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
It's the elasticated cuff of my yellow fleece jacket, it just happens that I had my sleeves rolled up. :)

Lycanthrope

Arachnolord
Old Timer
After the photoshoot he calmly walked back into his jar - none of the "Get back in the tank you sonofabitch" wrangling that you get with Avics.

LMAO i dont know how many times ive spoken that exact sentence. awesome pics man, im really growing fond of this genus. ive got a P. irminia that just molted today to 1.25", and plan on someday getting one or two of these too.