A.versicolor out and about-I Did It!

petitegreeneyes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Very excited at this end. We were able to hold my Antilles, Jade. We have tried in the past but she was a striker. She got a renovated cage last night and we just decided to scoop her into the new one. Sadly though, due to its behavior I am concerned that it might be a male. If so I am hoping that it hasn't had the ultimate molt yet. Anyways I did it and stayed calm and the one pic has my son sitting beside me and he called me crazy since Jade has tried to bite him before.

Attachments

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
PGE - You should be able to easily tell if it's a mature male or not. It does look quite leggy for a versicolor, so I don't know if you can rule that out yet. Can you post a pic of it's palps? I know the tibial spurs can be somewhat hard to see on versicolors, but the palps should be a dead giveaway.

Bill

petitegreeneyes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey Conipto, I'll see what we can do. It's so hairy that its hard for me to tell.

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
It does look kinda leggy to be a female. You'll know if it's a mature male if it has the balled up pedipalps. I can't see from the pics if it does. But a beautiful looking T all the same.

petitegreeneyes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Haven't been able to get a good picture yet of the palps. But after talking to John I am definately convinced I have a male now. I don't think its matured yet though. Bummer, but hey my sister has a couple and I know that one of them is bound to be a female.