A. versi or A. geroldi?

kristal_kaos

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Can u guys show me some pics of the A. versi and the A. geroldi....cant decide which to order Monday. Thanks...and if u have any advice or comments about these species, please share

Okitasoshi

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
A. Versicolor's a standard of every collection, get that. Only other Avic's I'd take over Versi, are Minatrix,Purpurea, Hurriana, and Bicegoi.

Thoth

Arachnopharoah
Old Timer
Basic difference is A.geroldi end as up as blue adults as a sling they have a blue carapace and legs but a red striped abdomen characteristic on the slings on many avic species.

A.versicolor start out as slings that are completely electric blue and and end up as red fuzzy adults with a blue carapace.

I can't speak about A.geroldi care but versi slings are a little tricky they require high humidity with high ventilation. Also avic slings in general tend to be sensitive to enviromental conditions. But once past a certain size they become hardier.

If this is your first avic sling, I would go with the A.versicolor because they are less expensive, so if it dies while you are working out the kinks on avic husbandry you haven't lost much.

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
both are very awesome ssp.:clap: ive got the versi(she's very aggressive:razz: ) don't have the geroldi yet........but i'm gonna get me one;P how about getting both ssp? if that's possible for ya:)

kristal_kaos

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It is possible to get both, lol, but I really only wanted these Ts
I have:
female A. avic -Chula
female B.boehmei -Blaze
B. smithi -Monarch
female B. smithi -?
~~~~~~~~~and two I got as freebies (slings) B. albop, and G. aureos
I want:
G. pulchra
A. geroldi
A. geniculata

WyvernsLair

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I love my geroldi's. I can't wait for the adult colors to come in. I bought 4 slings last year and hope my luck holds out to get at least one male/female to try to breed. It's nearly impossible to find adults for sale so you kinda have to get slings and raise them up. Last time I saw an adult female for sale it was around $350. Slings go for about $35-50 depending on size.

Pics of two of them...