A star that sheds

Grael

Arachnolord
Old Timer
thats right nova has just shed again!

for the first time i saw well almost all of the process, i came in just now and saw her on her back, i had an heart attack, i starting breathing heavily etc cause i thought she had died, but then my mind got into actions and realised she was shedding >_<

anyway i saw her push her skin off was amazing, took her about a hour and was just amazing........she hasnt finished yet she has is just moving her legs in the air lol i gotta fish out the skin.....

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Sorry, I must have missed it on a past thread, but what type of T is nova? How big was it before the molt? Well, I hope the molt comes out well.

Grael

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Originally posted by SpiderTwin
Sorry, I must have missed it on a past thread, but what type of T is nova? How big was it before the molt? Well, I hope the molt comes out well.
A. Geniculata she was about 2.5 inchs, shes just fully emeraged now she is bloody huge! im gonna have to change her tank next week, by the looks of it, give her a week to harden up then shes going into a bigger enclosure.

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Cool, it's always a good feeling whem a molt comes out well. Good luck with your T.

Grael

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Originally posted by SpiderTwin
Cool, it's always a good feeling whem a molt comes out well. Good luck with your T.
ok as soon as they get loose of thier skin, what do they do? nova is just laying there on her back kinda curled up?????shouldnt be be streching out her legs?

invadermike

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Sometimes they stay on theit back for a little, then they will flip, they usually always curl their legs and stay on thier back for a little while, don't worry she's fine, congradulations!! glade to hear she had a good molt!
Mike

Grael

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Originally posted by invadermike
Sometimes they stay on theit back for a little, then they will flip, they usually always curl their legs and stay on thier back for a little while, don't worry she's fine, congradulations!! glade to hear she had a good molt!
Mike
hehe thanks her fangs are huge........<gulp>

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
compare her fangs to a T.blondi and then see what you consider 'huge'. :)
ha

but they'll be on their backs for a while, slowly pumping their legs and trying to get their new 'skin' working. They'll be flexing and unflexing, getting a feel for their new 'skeleton'.

pce
dave

Grael

Arachnolord
Old Timer
oh my god!

she just went ape s**t on the shed skin........now i cant sex her....evil woman!

petitegreeneyes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ah, she isn't evil, she just wants to tear it up. A lot of mine do that too. I know its frustrating though when you want that molt!

krystal

Arachnodite
Old Timer
Originally posted by Grael
she just went ape s**t on the shed skin........now i cant sex her....evil woman!
perhaps she doesn't want to let on that she's really a male?

Grael

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Originally posted by krystal
perhaps she doesn't want to let on that she's really a male?
maybe lol ill still love him/her all the same lol