A special sight

Deroplatys

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
My little vinegaroon has been in its burrow under a piece of bark sealed off for quite some time now. It took bloody ages for it to moult for its first true time, and i thought it would be even longer before it did again, but i just had a peak under the bark, and of all the times to take a peak, i happened to look when it was in the middle of moulting {D
Starting to think us bug keepers develop a sense for these kinda things lol
I put it in a dark place for it to carry on moulting, i think my next purchase is going to be more vinegaroons :D

Slightly enoyed that some how some bloody mites got in there :(

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Verrry cool! I've never seen pics (or real life) of a molting 'roon before. Awesome!

KnightinGale

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey cool! "My arachnid sense is tingling!" Lucky timing. Came out much larger didn't it? I love the red tips on the white 'roon.
Nice pics!

Deroplatys

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Thanks both :D
Hopefully i can get pics of its neat bluey colouration before it colours up black and all :)

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
Great shots! That looks like the circulatory system at a glance although my debilitated memory might be confusing the internal anatomy. Any idea of the genus?

Deroplatys

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Havent got a clue im afraid, when i brought the mated adult female she was just a "Malaysian vinegaroons sp." never found out what they were, really grateful if someone can ID them :)

the toe cutter

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Fantastic visual journal of this species molting! I have had my Malaysian Vinegaroon for over 9mos now and have yet to see it molt, and only know of it molting once. Next would be getting some giants! Truly awesome little fellas

Ashphetamine

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
:D I dont have words- my jaws on my keyboard.

<3 This is fabulous! Thanks so much for sharing! :clap:

pavel

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Fantastic shots! What kind of lens were you using?

Amazing how translucent its body is at that stage!