A Short Video of my Hadogenes paucidens

Thaedion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I just thought I'd share my flat rocks video, it's short... maybe I'll make a longer one later.

[YOUTUBE]wtLdjkOcEYg[/YOUTUBE]​

scorpians111

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ooooooooooo very nice i want a flat rock scorp but dunno where to get it where i live

Rosenkreuz

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thaedion, again, I'm impressed at the way you handle your scorpions. In the other thread, I was surprised at how you held the scorpion up to see it's underside like that. :worship:

I guess I just need to get over the nervousness with mine. I've almost been tempted to just let my P.Imperator tag me so I can get it over with. {D

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Impressive . . . yours are so much better-natured than my little girl is.

Do yours normally hang out on top of stuff like that? Mine refuses to leave the safety of her hidey-hole.

tarsier

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
very fat scorpions!!! :)

thanks for the video. pretty cool.

Thaedion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Impressive . . . yours are so much better-natured than my little girl is.

Do yours normally hang out on top of stuff like that? Mine refuses to leave the safety of her hidey-hole.
They hide for most of the day light hours, but they will come out at night and hang around (against the counsel of others they both stay in the same tank) They've climbed the wires to the screen top and across the top to the vertical drift wood decoration. They've clung to the side of the wood on several occasions.

This is the first time I've held them since I bought them, I took them outside to show a friend and thought I'd take the opportunity to take some pics (which for the most part were washed out by the sun) and video.

I have compacted sand for substrate (aquarium sand that I soaked and molded and let dry out and harden up) and I see little 'foot' prints all over it, so they must come out alot.

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hmm . . . I never watch mine at night. Maybe I should, she's in a tank with no lid. :eek:

Mine's quite a bit smaller than yours (and the one at the petstore that they say is a male but it clearly isn't and it's on wet paper towel). Hopefully she'll grow! :D I hear that Hadogenes are about the slowest-growing and longest-lived scorps, so I may have a while. I hope they calm down with age too.