A seemanni split...

Mendi

Arachnowolf
Old Timer
Well, last night I was cleanin' out T-homes from the earlier feeding, and I noticed something wrong in my adult female CR Zebra Tuesday's box. She was not there!!! :confused: I've searched most all day and she's found herself a good place to hole up in. About how far would a chubby adult female travel in the 10 yours before I found her AWAL, and any other than the usual looking under everything places have a lost terrestrial show up... My spider sense is telling me she is within 20' of where I am, but I've not found the spot yet? Ideas and suggestions most welcome

Last edited:

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
Mendi,
my sympathy, I had a C fasciatum do the same thing 3 nights ago.
Except it's only about 4" or so...and just molted about 11/2 weeks ago :(
What kind of room is your T in?
here are the places I have searched in mine: desk drawers, desktop, computer tower case, baseboards and shelves, cupboards and backs, closet, curtains (just in case!), floor (of course), etc
I have come in at all hours of the night as well.
I have a water dish out, I keep the door to this room shut, and I'm assuming, if hungry enough, it could probably climb into the cricket cage.
I also have enough escapees to keep it from starving.
I don't know where else to look either...
Holley

Mendi

Arachnowolf
Old Timer
The room she's in is my overly messy computer, tarantula, bed room... But it got a fair cleaning today and am still working on the cleaning so I can find her. Jeeze, it could get cleaner than when I moved here... I live with an older couple, renting a room and they would just die if she get found in their floor ;) They don't really care for the spiders, but they do ok with the slings. I can't quite imagine what they will think if a big 5" black phase Zebra stolling towards the bathroom. I have had the door closed since I fond her mising, hopefully she found a nice cozy place in the laundry basket... The laundry room for the house is also part of my area... I've pretty much looked all day, and am going to give it up until I get home tomorrow. If I can't find her by them, I'll have to let them know she's wandering around... and give them a big deli cup to put over her if they would see her. Water dish is a good idea, I'll get that now

Valael

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Be sure to check UNDER the tables. I mean under the actual table top.

My G. Rosea got out once and managed to sneak out and hid directly under the table top.

My Usambara that ran out ran straight under the table top and hid between a screw and the top.

Mendi

Arachnowolf
Old Timer
Wooo Hoooo

Well last night I was doing my nightly check on the kids and found my B.smithi flopped over fixing to molt. Since I've only seen the little slings molt I decided to stay awake and watch the event.

Anyways, his molt went fine and I was seeing if any the pictures I tool turned out to be any good, when I heard a noise... then another noise, but I couldn't uite tell where it was. Then again and it was coming from very close to me, in some papers that had fallen behind my desk. Well it surely had to be the escapee, or a mouse...

It was her, she came to find me, wanting to go back home. I searched all weekend and had no trace where she had went, but she was just waiting until I was up on her time...

I doubt she'll have the chance to leave again as I've invested in large thick rubberbands to secure the ends of all my Ts homes that are of the plastic shoebox type. and hers are crossed for extra strength

I'm so HAPPY:D

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
so happy for you!
But I wonder why is it that everyone finds their lost Ts but me? :(
So far, no sign of my C fasciatum. I have loose crickets in the room, and a water dish on the floor. Hell, with that arrangement, maybe she decided that she's happy on the loose!