A. seemanni question

Pyrdacor

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi there,

my unsexed A. seemanni does not show outside of the burrow. She filled up the entrance with substrate and I have not seen her for weeks. When I bought her, which was September last year, she immediately presented this behaviour. At the end of the last year I did not see her at all, so I tried to dig her out. I was successful with this. She was sitting in the substrate covered with it all over. It looked as if she buried herself alive :(. After that she changed her way of life a bit and I got to see her more often. But for 1 month now she changed her behaviour again the other way round. She also does not hunt the crix. Does anyone know of extralong premolting activity within this species? Or do you have another idea that could help?

Cheers

Chris

TigerWoman

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
It's normal! My A. seemanni have been in her hide, all webbed up and cowered whit dirt for about two months now... Only out for a drink now an then... Lost a little hair on the abd. so she is in premolt.
Before that, she was always out and eating whatever i would give her :p

Do you have only this spider? In that case, you may want one or two more so that u will have a T to look at when she is hiding ;)

Nemesis

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
TW is right.

I bought a beautiful A. seemani for my son (attempting to stoke the fires). I thought she would be a wonderful display T. NOT!!!!! She is a hermit and stays burried in her hole 24/7. I've never seen her eat. If she had been my first T, I don't think I would have had an accurate view of this hobby.

Sometimes the Ts recommended for first time spider owners are worriesome. Of the beginner's sp. , I think Avics, pulchras, vagans...are great.

Kelly O

Static_69

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
for a child i'd think to go with a g. rosea...i mean come on at 13 years old which was only about 2 years ago i was sooooo impressed with my rosea, and all she did was sit there..haha.
so maybe he'll be impressed too.

Risto

Pyrdacor

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
No, i got 4 more T's, so i have something to look at :). They show quite often...
If thats so, I guess I just have to show a bit more patience :)
Thanks for the replies