A.seemanni color variations

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Hi all,

My A.seemanni is a rather plain brown with white stripes, and all i see is pics of them being jet black with vibrant bright white stripes on them. Do i have a different color morphd one or something? or as mine grows more and molts will it turn black with white stripes?

Thanks,

Mark

That Guy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
well, is it male, or female? I am told and what I have seen is that males have a reddish, blackish coloring to them. And females have a more brownish yellowish coloring to them. But thats just what ive seen, so Im not that sure.

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I depends on the individual, I think. Some are brownish, some are more black. My A. Seemani is on the brown side as well, but still pretty.

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
If my memory serves me right the color is determend by the location from where they came from. The black ones are no longer imported anymore for some reason or another.

Doug H

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
right on about the color vs locality One is from costa rica the other from nicaragua(spelling).

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
black tends to be Costa Rican...

However there is some variation between individuals still the Costa Rican ones are usually very dark black. And they do still come in from time to time it just depends on where the importers shipment came from as far as color goes.

Phil