A seemanni biting glass?

radiomace

Arachnopeon
I can’t find much about this, so I’m not sure if I should be worried or not. I caught my A seemanni on a glass walking trip after doing some digging, but I heard a little noise. I looked closer and realized she had her fangs and chelicerae spread all the way apart, biting on the little acrylic nubbin that’s on the underside of the magnets in the Tarantula Cribs terrestrials. Shortly after I saw her pointing and scraping her fang tips on the side of the glass. What really worries me was when I realized how close her fang tips were to the ventilation holes and I got nervous. Has anyone had this happen before?

HOITrance

Arachnosquire
I can’t find much about this, so I’m not sure if I should be worried or not. I caught my A seemanni on a glass walking trip after doing some digging, but I heard a little noise. I looked closer and realized she had her fangs and chelicerae spread all the way apart, biting on the little acrylic nubbin that’s on the underside of the magnets in the Tarantula Cribs terrestrials. Shortly after I saw her pointing and scraping her fang tips on the side of the glass. What really worries me was when I realized how close her fang tips were to the ventilation holes and I got nervous. Has anyone had this happen before?
My Brachypelma klassi did that a couple of times when I rehoused her into her T crib. I never figured out why she did it save exploring and looking for a way out /shrugs

radiomace

Arachnopeon
My Brachypelma klassi did that a couple of times when I rehoused her into her T crib. I never figured out why she did it save exploring and looking for a way out /shrugs
Hm good point. Hell I actually even got her at a discount because I found her in a junk bin at a pet store—she had escaped in secret and staff let me have her cheap as a reward XD
So that would make sense. I just worry about her cracking a fang by accidentally poking a ventilation hole…

HOITrance

Arachnosquire
Hm good point. Hell I actually even got her at a discount because I found her in a junk bin at a pet store—she had escaped in secret and staff let me have her cheap as a reward XD
So that would make sense. I just worry about her cracking a fang by accidentally poking a ventilation hole…
Yeah I can see how that could be a worry. I would hope she would settle in before too awful long. Hope she will be ok!

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Atleast you have a freindly pet shop can’t say much about them securing there animals , but mine sold me to many sick Ts so I’m done with that particular place . Get pics of it biting and just regular pic , and if you check my recent photos one of my Ts are biting acrylic. link in my signature
I just redid its cage hopefully it’s happier. Wish I had some full acrylic containers . Glass is so heavy .

fcat

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
I have a few that do this to pry the lids off, so I keep weights on their lids for extra measure (shoe bins not t cribs)

IntermittentSygnal

Arachnotic
Arachnosupporter +
That vent is likely why she’s trying there. The corner of the arcrylic lid I made for my new irminia wasn’t sitting down in the groove all the way and created a draft. Here’s what I saw late at night when my spidey sense told me something was amiss. She now has lid locks.
IMG_1537.jpeg