A.Seemanni and Moss?

vancwa

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wouldn't hurt. Moss will help keep moisture. Lightly mist it. T will also drink from it.

Tcouple90

Arachnopeon
Wouldn't hurt. Moss will help keep moisture. Lightly mist it. T will also drink from it.
Okay thanks for your reply. Also I got a bunch of moss from the woods that would be okay to use right?

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Okay thanks for your reply. Also I got a bunch of moss from the woods that would be okay to use right?
It should be fine. At most you should expect a few springtails, which are harmless to the tarantula and are in fact beneficial to the enclosure as a whole. But you want to thoroughly check it for any ants or beetles, both of which could be harmful to the tarantula.

As for keeping it alive, you couldn't ask for a much better species to add moss to an enclosure. A burrower that thrives on medium humidity. The burrowing aspect even allows you to place the enclosure near a window so the moss has the opportunity to thrive. I personally have a Pothos ivy in my A. seemanni enclosure, and both living things are doing swell.

Tcouple90

Arachnopeon
It should be fine. At most you should expect a few springtails, which are harmless to the tarantula and are in fact beneficial to the enclosure as a whole. But you want to thoroughly check it for any ants or beetles, both of which could be harmful to the tarantula.

As for keeping it alive, you couldn't ask for a much better species to add moss to an enclosure. A burrower that thrives on medium humidity. The burrowing aspect even allows you to place the enclosure near a window so the moss has the opportunity to thrive. I personally have a Pothos ivy in my A. seemanni enclosure, and both living things are doing swell.
Ok thanks for your help.