A. seemanni, a real hairkicker

Pyrdacor

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Some german books concerning T's tell, that although A. seemanni has urticating bristles it wouldn't use it for defense it would rather bite. Strictly speaking, I can not agree to that statement. Mine kicks hairs, or better tries to (because all are already kicked :)), everytime I do something in the cage. I'm used to that now. The good thing is, that I do feel no irritation at all.
Her behaviour today was the extreme. I made kind of fotoshooting with her. Everything was fine till the time I wanted to egt her back in the delicup to put her back in the cage. She was like kicking hairs four or five times. Unfortunately she had no hairs left :D

nocturnalpulsem

Arachnolord
Old Timer
That's funny, because mine's never kicked at all. Never even given threat posture. She's actually been the most docile T I've had thus far. The only reason I don't try to handle her is her speed. If she gets spooked she bolts (and usually runs into the glass LoL).

N.

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
thats how mine is too -- no hair kicking, but when she gets going, its a blurrly leggy mess of white and grey...

crazy fast

pce,
dave