A real thirst quencher

opticle

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Gday guys,

I saw something yesterday i have never actually seen before and i'm just curious if anyone can enlighten me.

Yesterday after feeding one of my adult S. nebos, i went to have a look at the T clean itself, but upon closer inspection i can actually see fluids coming from around the inside of the mouth as it cleans its palps and fangs.

Has anyone else seen this before? Or am i just extremely slow?

Bengal21

Arachnopeon
He's just drooling / grooming. This is normal behavior. My GBB slings put a big glob of it on the wall of their container, then dip their toes in it one at a time...

newspidermom

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ts will never cease to amaze and make you go "Hmmmm"...lol. I have noticed grooming after eating, but without seeing anything wet. Just a good fang cleaning almost like a cat cleaning it's face with it's paws. Now I got one for you. My B. Boehmei is in heavy pre-molt. Could be any day...any hour..any minute...lol. Saw her today with her butt literally hanging in her water dish. Of course she knew not to submesrse her booklungs. Just the bottom tip was right in the water and I believe she was doing this on purpose. Her butt is so tight it looks like it could pop so I'm guessing she's easing it by soaking...lol

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yeah, it's especially noticeable if they've been cleaning themselves for a while. When I first noticed I thought one of them had a drinking problem. {D