A Question

Vespula

Arachnodemon
Hi everyone! I just have a question to ask. I've had my rose hair for several months. He wasn't my first T, but he's becoming one of my favorites. {D Anyway, I got him sexed, and was told that he's a male. The only problem is, he's pretty large, and his palps aren't bulbed, and he has no hooks. I've used the search function, and can't seem to find what I'm looking for as far as answers go. He's about 5 inches from leg tip to leg tip. What I want to know is, is it possible that he's not mature? I didn't think males got much bigger than that...? Any advice is appreciated! :)

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi everyone! I just have a question to ask. I've had my rose hair for several months. He wasn't my first T, but he's becoming one of my favorites. {D Anyway, I got him sexed, and was told that he's a male. The only problem is, he's pretty large, and his palps aren't bulbed, and he has no hooks. I've used the search function, and can't seem to find what I'm looking for as far as answers go. He's about 5 inches from leg tip to leg tip. What I want to know is, is it possible that he's not mature? I didn't think males got much bigger than that...? Any advice is appreciated! :)
If he doesn't have the equipment yet, he isn't mature. ;)

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
he was sexed on this website by J.huff23
If you are talking about the sort-of ventral pictures you've posted in the sexing gallery, then I'd hold off calling it a male for now, until you've got a better ventral pic, or even better, a molt to examine (the pictures look kind of male, but it just might be the angle of the photo, or the flash playing tricks).

You could also try and learn to sex it yourself:)

Vespula

Arachnodemon
I've read a few of the sexing threads, but I'm not confident... I'll try it when I get home this weekend though. :)