A question and a molt

kurisute_hasu

Arachnopeon
Question. I have seen really long forceps? (really big tweezers) and was wondering where to get them because….My G.Rosea just molted :eek: down in her burrow and I will need to get the exoskeleton out of there. So where do I get one.

It is the first molt I’ve gone through (arachnonewb) -happened while I was out of town naturally- and she is still down in her burrow so I don’t know if all went well…or if she is even alive. *is worried now*

I used a mirror to see back behind the tank where the burrow is exposed, saw too many legs and assumed a molt -which she was way over due for. Used a mirror because I didn’t want to move the tank, I don’t want to stress her or anything. Also can someone explain to me (like I am a small child) how to sex my T based on the exoskeleton?

Anyway. Thoughts? Thank you.

Johnny_27

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Question. I have seen really long forceps? (really big tweezers) and was wondering where to get them because….My G.Rosea just molted :eek: down in her burrow and I will need to get the exoskeleton out of there. So where do I get one.

It is the first molt I’ve gone through (arachnonewb) -happened while I was out of town naturally- and she is still down in her burrow so I don’t know if all went well…or if she is even alive. *is worried now*

I used a mirror to see back behind the tank where the burrow is exposed, saw too many legs and assumed a molt -which she was way over due for. Used a mirror because I didn’t want to move the tank, I don’t want to stress her or anything. Also can someone explain to me (like I am a small child) how to sex my T based on the exoskeleton?

Anyway. Thoughts? Thank you.
It'll be tough to explain how to sex the molt without pics but once you get those I'll help ya out. Take a good pic of the inside of the abdomen area of the exuvium.

Id be willing to bet she got the molt fine, It'll just take a couple weeks till shes ready to come out and eat and stuff.

As far as the forceps, i got mine at the local reptile store for about $20. Well worth it IMO, i cant imagine trying to get things out of some of my tanks without them. Especially with centipedes.

Congrats on the molt too

kurisute_hasu

Arachnopeon
update

Yep, I am certainly going to go shopping at the local pet stores today looking for some.

And she did come out of her burrow this morning, awkward as can be. she is laying with her half her legs all out...looking pretty limp. I dont know if thats a good or bad thing. But I feel like a proud parent.

Here is a picture

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
awkward as can be. she is laying with her half her legs all out...looking pretty limp. I dont know if thats a good or bad thing.
It's completely normal--she's POOPED right now. :) She'll be laying in pretty funky positions for a couple more weeks at least, and you should be very sure she's not disturbed or fed, just given water. :) Essentially, she's like a rather fragile balloon slowly being inflated with water right after a molt, and once she's done stretching and expanding, she'll still need time to harden up.

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
She needs to just dry now. Moulting is a very stressful and exhausing thing for a tarantula to go through. Give her some time to rest and recover and then you can start being amazed at how beautiful she is. In my opinion, there are few things more beautiful than a fresh moulted rosie. Prepare to be dazzled.