A. purpurea

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
Not sure what happened to my original post but here are a few pics from the recent sac...

After separating bad eggs

Wee ones

Cluster

LadySharon

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have a question related to this... I HAVE a A purpurea - but havn't seen them for sale in a while. instead I've seen Avaculara sp. peru purple. - OR just avaculara sp. purple (bought one listed like that from ken the bug guy.)

I started to wonder if there was a reclassification going on. How are these three "species" related? anyone know? I'd like to know if I have two different species - or just one if they dropped the "purpurea" name for some reason.

So how many babies did you end up with?

- Sharon

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
Sharon, they are indeed different & no reclassification to my knowledge. Someone else will prob. know better, but I think "Peru purples" are yet to be properly classified? I won't jink myself with a final count, but currently there are about 25-30 eggs w/ legs. Cheers...

WARPIG

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Two diff sp. A purpurea very distinct and can't be mistaken for any other T. A sp Peru purple, although distinct, its part of the avi problem of not being properly classified.

A sp. Peru purple

A purpurea

Two dif sp

PIG-

bliss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I agree with Warpig.

by the way, zonbonzovi, I might be contacting you soon. I have acquired a M/F pair of purpurea recently, so I will probably hit you up for some slings in hopes that my purpurea project progresses forward.

LadySharon

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
ok but is there a difference between the "peru purple" and just "purple" On the order list from ken the bug guy it's listed as "1 x Avicularia sp purple - 1 inch "

Is that the same? (I may have to email ken - just wondered if anyone knew off the top of their head)

I didn't care as long as it was "purple" in color. :) currently it's still a soft purple grey sling, no other colors as indicated in your pics. It doesn't look too different as a sling as my A purpurea when it was a sling.

Anyway I've had bad luck with purpureas - I HAD three, but lost two (they were sack mates though ) - I know other's have had trouble with vercis but I've had trouble with these. go figure.

Anyway I'd LOVE to pick up another one or two or so - just as back up. (and maybe I'll breed them someday) But wanted to get the species thing straight so I don't mess up. :)

Thanks for the replys!

- Sharon

ArachnidJackson

Arachnopeon
Two diff sp. A purpurea very distinct and can't be mistaken for any other T. A sp Peru purple, although distinct, its part of the avi problem of not being properly classified.

A sp. Peru purple

A purpurea

Two dif sp

PIG-
Warpig, thanks for the assessment. I was actually wondering the same myself and haven't had the time to do a decent study on these two species.
Thanks again for your time.

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
Part deux!

Much faster turnaround time...3 weeks post mating this year compared to 3 months last year:

mcluskyisms

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Awesome and congratulations!!! :)

They most certainly have to be my favourite Avicularia.

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
Thanks, guys! Mc...didn't you just open a sac of these? How they doin'?

dianedfisher

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Kudos to you! She is a fast worker. :clap: Hope everything goes well. I pulled my Azuraklaasi sac and it was infertile. :wall: Darn male was still living with her....just can't figure out how that can happen. Diane

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
Development has been pretty quick since I pulled the sac on 5/4. They were just staring to show leg at that point in time. These are from yesterday. A few are slooowwwly separating from the herd.

The eggs are smaller this time around, but because of the increased humidity the surviving number has been at least 3x better.

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Congrats on the sac! :D

When we plunge into breeding, this is the species I want to start with. I am fairly certain ours is female, so I will sex the molt next time and find out for sure.

mcluskyisms

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Mc...didn't you just open a sac of these? How they doin'?
Nah man, I paired my female and she started looking good to lay then she moulted out... :(

Luckily I held onto the male so I'm feeding her up for another pairing.

Congratulations again :)