A P formosa in my armpit!!!!!

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
Oh dear, I'm rehousing spiders tonight....
It started innocently enough....

Attachments

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
teleport!

she then teleported INTO MY ARMPIT!
I calmly grabbed the scissors, and CUT my shirt off me LOL
Shelby said 'mom, when she bites you, tell me what it feels like' !!

Attachments

T

Tarantula

You seem to be able to handle any spider. I dont know how you do it.

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
new housing!

she then ran back down my arm, into her new home, nice as you please!
All's well that ends well, and I still have the adrenaline going :)

Attachments

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by Tarantula
You seem to be able to handle any spider. I dont know how you do it.
Yes she does. Between her and Joy I bet they can handle any Tarantula they want to. My only question what is the secret?

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Re: teleport!

Originally posted by Immortal_sin
she then teleported INTO MY ARMPIT!
I calmly grabbed the scissors, and CUT my shirt off me LOL
Shelby said 'mom, when she bites you, tell me what it feels like' !!
Hey! where are the rest of the pictures! don't hold out on us! (I am still waiting on the "nurse" pics from halloween!)
:D
=D
Ed
Holley, looks like you are using those rubbermaid containers too, eh?

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Originally posted by jwb121377
Yes she does. Between her and Joy I bet they can handle any Tarantula they want to. My only question what is the secret?
I think in this case, it's either blind, relentless courage... or experience ;)

Bill

Ephesians

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
she then ran back down my arm, into her new home, nice as you please!
Must of liked the idea of a new home vs. an armpit! :} Lol...I felt the same way when my P. irminia thought it was a must to see if he could find any food in my hair...maybe he was just checking out the view...ultimately parasailing onto the person in front of me. Gotta love arboreals. Crazy freaks...lol. Where do you get your rubbermaid containers at? I keep seeing these nice clear ones, but can't find them at Walmart at all....aren't they supposed to be the freakin Supercenter? All I find is foggy crap.

Marcus

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
@Ed, shutup about Halloween already! LOL
Yes, those are Rubbermaid, the only ones that are clear enough. I get them at BiMart, and Fred Meyer, I think both are NW only stores though.
@Bill, thanks for the guesses, but I'd have to say it's sheer stupidity LOL
@Ephesians...I was thinking of YOU when she teleported, I figured she was going to dance around my head LOL. That's when I called Shelby in with the camera. Alas, she just ran circles under my shirt. Every time I would make a cut with the scissors, I could feel her jumping around. I knew if I pulled the material too tight, she would probably bite. I would have been willing to sacrifice any shirt I owned, luckily it was an old one!

Ephesians

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
@Ephesians...I was thinking of YOU when she teleported, I figured she was going to dance around my head LOL.
LOL! Luckily for me I had a tight shirt on. I'm glad I didn't have your luck, I don't think my nerves would have held as calmly as yours! Good job..hehe. This would have been a great GAP commercial! ;P

Vayu Son

Old Timer
><

Ive had alot of respect for holley when she claimed to handle my crawshayi that is the meanest T ive ever seen(now resides in a 9' deep burrow).

Though I would bet those flightly Poke juves to be more likely to run at top speeds on a whim than to bite, getting her stuck in your shirt could be a dangerous thing. Last thing you need is venom pumped into a fatty-area like the armpits ;)

On the bright side you got a kickin picture and the T got a new home ;p

-V

whoami?

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Originally posted by Immortal_sin
Oh dear, I'm rehousing spiders tonight....
It started innocently enough....
Jesus Tapdancing Christ, you're brave! I'm afraid to even OWN a Poecilotheria, let alone HANDLE one.

Still, I guess one can handle any arthropod without worry, as long as one knows how to handle that invertebrate.

But that doesn't make that pic any less impressive. Just be careful, because that would probably suck if you got bitten. :(

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
hey

Man holley! You handle any T!! (You and Joy are really BRAVE!!!) I love the picture! Can you hold a T.blondi like Joy does? Thanks!
Good Luck!

James

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
Originally posted by conipto
I think in this case, it's either blind, relentless courage... or experience ;)

Bill
Speaking for myself, I'd say it's because we both have a wonderful mentor in the form of Rosemary Kraft :)

Holley, I've found P. formosa to be one of the more skittish Pokes, too. My condolences on the shirt!

Joy

pamandron

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Holley, are there any dull moments in your house? I think I probably would've gotten bitten. I am scared of the pokies. I let Ron take care of that species. Pam

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by Ephesians
Must of liked the idea of a new home vs. an armpit! :} Lol...I felt the same way when my P. irminia thought it was a must to see if he could find any food in my hair...maybe he was just checking out the view...ultimately parasailing onto the person in front of me. Gotta love arboreals. Crazy freaks...lol. Where do you get your rubbermaid containers at? I keep seeing these nice clear ones, but can't find them at Walmart at all....aren't they supposed to be the freakin Supercenter? All I find is foggy crap.

Marcus
Marcus, some of the grocery supermarkets might carry the clear rubbermaid containers, Raley's here has them. also, at a local discount warehouse grocery/restaurant supply place (smart and final) they have "clones" of the rubbermaids that are about half the price of the rubbermaid, and they come in three or four different sizes from tall 12" one gallon down to probably a one cup size.
Ed

petitegreeneyes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wow Holley:D I think I would have started sweating bullets and then I know she would of bit me.

Hey Ephesians, I just saw some of them tonight also at Marsh and where I live our Wal-Mart supercenter also sells them.

Ephesians

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sweet, I'm gonna do some shopping around tomorrow. I just aquired a BEAUTIFUL A. versicolor and the enclosure the guy sold her to me with is one of those retarded large, blue Kritter Keepers. It's hard to see her color with a blue tint. I'll get some pics as soon as I can. Thanks to both of ya!

Marcus

sandanspidey

Arachnopeon
You have nerves of steel I must say. I must have ben really hard to stay calm. I don't mind handleing t's but when I am ready for it. I always freaking jump when one spins and trys to make a break up my arm or jump on me. My hat comes off and I give you a bow for the force is with you.
Doug