A new spider

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I bought a 5" female Chaco goldenknee yesterday. I put it a 10 gal. tank. Ands it looks really cool. I gave it a pinky, that it ate.

I'm not going to post any pictures of it though. It is just way too cool and nice looking..;P

She's a sub-adult..

Ern

Last edited:

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by MrT

I'm not going to post any pictures of it though. It is just way too cool and nice looking..;P

Ern
:( :( I want to see pictures of it!! :( :(

Ðennis

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Oooooo congrates!

Shop has a herculese babooon sling I have my peepers on.....

And an odd one that they hoinestly don't know what it is.
Came in with a shipment with the obscure name Peru Green.

Is Jet black with bluish/greenish highlights when sunlight strikes it.
And crisp clean marks on it's knees rather like a Seemni.

I want it.
But I want to kjnow what it is. :p

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
oh oh oh...you meanie!
Mine has turned out to be a male :(
I am so bummed, even the males grow glacially slow!
I'm going to end up buying a guaranteed female someday. Last ATS conference, John Hoke had a beautiful female on display in the hotel lobby. I had to walk past her every day, and I would always stop and drool :)

petitegreeneyes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wow, I hope mine gets that pretty when she gets a little bigger. She is around 3" now, still growing though and eats like a pig.

Nemesis

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Arachnoangel my @$$

OK!!! I can stand it no longer! First he torments us with his living in wonderful Aphonopelma country, driving around collecting whenever the whim strikes, and now this!!!! :} What a gorgeous creature!

Arachno FALLEN angel possibly?

Kelly O

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Ernie,
GORGEOUS T!!! I LOVE IT!! (sorry for the caps and exclamations) I have a male, probably female. I'm hoping swifty sexed it wrong..(sorry kelly) It just molted a week ago. The molt measured under 2 inches..My little goldie is so so sweet. I have decided that I'll be buying a female, if this sweetie turns out to be a male. And yes, I may try my hand at breeding. Btw, nice enclosure!
Peace,
Gillian

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Absolutly Beautiful.

The twins say. 'OoooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo Ppppprrrrrreeeeeeeetttyyyyy! Can we have one??'

Ok... Now I gotta find them one.....

LOL.

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Re: Arachnoangel my @$$

Originally posted by Nemesis
OK!!! I can stand it no longer! First he torments us with his living in wonderful Aphonopelma country, driving around collecting whenever the whim strikes, and now this!!!! :} What a gorgeous creature!

Arachno FALLEN angel possibly?

Kelly O
Kelly O,
I'd be a fallen angel if my wife knew how much money I spend on T's was. LOL;)

Ernie

vulpina

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Nixy,
The unidentified Peru species you said the store has sounds alot to me like Thrixopelma pruriens (Peruvian Green Velvet), I have had one of this species that I raised from a spiderling. I've had this one for over 10 years, Bryant Capiz and I were good friends and he had a "new species" that he gave me for my birthday about 10 years ago and now it's a beautiful 6" female. Not too overly aggressive and it's a good eater.

Andy

I also have a H. hercules, if you buy that one look for it to be VERY aggressive and it digs a huge complex set of tunnels, you never see it.

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
vulpina Thanks.
I know I'm just going to end up getting her and taking a pic. :)

But I wasnt to wait till the snow lays off a bit.

I don;t want my little green mustang getting stuck someplace on the way home and ending up with a peruvian spidercicle.....

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Haha, spidercicle :) Gah, I'm to easily led astray. Damn papers due and midnight workings.

genious_gr

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
WOW!!!!!!!!:eek:

This species has just become my favorite one....
I WANT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
genious,
These are massively sweethearts, much more so than my pulchra. I have an older juvie, and I love him to pieces. So much so that, I'm going to buy a female, so I have it a good, long time.
Peace,
Gillian

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I want her. They've had her for I think about a year.
But I think my next purchase is going to be another Chevron. The twins want. "Slinky's baby sister or brother." and have been asking about it since we got Slinky.

So I'll have to save me pennies and grab the "peru green" as soon as I can.

She's not going anywhere.

Not a "flashy." enough spider for the few people other then me that goes in there I guess. I think she's Lovely though and would be a " for mommy." spider. Since the twins have picked out all the others. :)

kellygirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by Nixy
I think she's Lovely though and would be a " for mommy." spider. Since the twins have picked out all the others. :)
dang nixy! how many do you have now?! isn't it crazy how tarantula collections grow exponentially? lol

kellygirl