A new Poecilotheria specie

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
no pics, no link, no details? i need to spend more money on pokies! :rolleyes:

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I guess I've become a little jaded after seeing a P metalica. I was hoping for something purple and green... Looks a lot like a P. Formosa.

Sleepwalkah

Arachnopeon
Hi,

would be nice if there were more pics like ventral shots... the species on this pic looks like most Poecilotheria...
Where does it come from? Highland/lowland-species? Similarities/differences/characteristics?

Last edited:

Scorpendra

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i guess i shouldn't be too dissapointed, since most pokies look like that.

KingBowser

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I think everyone's jaded by P. metallica...to top that it needs to be neon green and pink with bright red fangs. :}

Scorpendra

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
there could possibly be a T like that out there...pretending to be a flower...

rknralf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I personnally think this one is stunning. I love the soft tan coloration. I would definately add this one to my spider family :)
Ralph

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
wow great news!!looks similiar to regalis/faciata.i guesse theres still alot of poecilotheria species out there to be found.rick west told me this in a chat on the t-store forum.india is huge so i imagine there are some amazing tarantulas there waiting to be found.sad thing is tho with the amount of deforestation thats going on there alot of these unkown species and other poecs will be lost forver :mad:

Kagekumo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I guess I've become a little jaded after seeing a P metalica. I was hoping for something purple and green... Looks a lot like a P. Formosa.
Yeah i have to agree. They are all stunning T's, but after P.metallica I'm expecting them to start coming in day-glo colors!;)

Heather

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Pretty! But I think all Pokies are...

I'm never have one of each if they keep discovering new ones :)

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Great , if we start hyping it up now, maybe it will only be 400 bucks by the time it reaches the U.S.;)

Later, Tom

Taceas

Arachnolord
Old Timer
P. metallica's look nice in pictures, but I can't justify the price for one spider.

Like ShadowBlade, I think P. rufilata and P. subfusca are just as gorgeous, for a lot less money. ;)

Personally I like the look of this new one, if it is new. I like the soft colors of it.

Bothrops

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeap, it's always very nice when a new species is discovered.

Personally, I like that new species, but none like a P. ornata or a P. miranda IMHO.

massmorels

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i dig it.. but im obsessed with pokies. I have 10 different sp. now, owned 11. And in my opinion, i like the subfusca more than the metallica.