A little help (regarding b.smithi)

will

Arachnopeon
I was just wondering, can a B.Smithi of a size of less than 1.5 inch can already take adult roaches or roaches of the same size? If not, can anyone suggest any alternatives? Will it devour pre-killed roaches? (just in case it is still afraid to take out roaches of its size).

I just ran out of small roaches lately and it might take a while before a new batch will arrive. Thanks for informative replies and thanks Arachnoboards! :)

bobusboy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Pre-killing is a safe bet, I've never had a T that didn't forage when I put in pre-killed food.

Lots of people say don't give it anything bigger than the abdomen alive but you can push that a little bit.

IMO prekilled adult is the way to go if you're feeding your tiny T with adult roaches

Additionally; if you're ordering roaches find a few males and a few females and breed your own it will be much cheaper for you to do that than to keep buying them.

rockrox1

Arachnosquire
squash some roach and feed it... make sure you squash them good before feeding. hehe

will

Arachnopeon
Thanks. Will try the pre-killed method then. I actually have latreralis eggs. I put them in a deli cup, have it covered (with holes) then place it back to the main container where my adult lateralis thrive.

But I think it will take sometime before the eggs will hatch or rather, I don't even know if they will ever hatch so I'm not counting on that. Anyway, thanks again. :)

gmrpnk21

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
As far as only feeding prey the size of it's abdomen, my slings have had crickets that are close to the same size as the T and they take it down no problem. I remove the kicking legs just to be safe.

Last edited:

RoseT

Arachnosquire
Depending on the type. Some are too hard and can actually hurt the ts fangs.

ArachnidJackson

Arachnopeon
Good luck.

I was just wondering, can a B.Smithi of a size of less than 1.5 inch can already take adult roaches or roaches of the same size? If not, can anyone suggest any alternatives? Will it devour pre-killed roaches? (just in case it is still afraid to take out roaches of its size).

I just ran out of small roaches lately and it might take a while before a new batch will arrive. Thanks for informative replies and thanks Arachnoboards! :)
Let your T decide, some will take what others will not.