A. juruenicola s'ling dying!

edie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i just went to check on my s'lings, the A. juruenicola wasn't moving much so i took it out, it has white fuzz attached to its belly, i don't know whats going on with it.

i just took it out and put it in a new container with new soil and away from my other ts, i don't know what else to do, anyone else ever had this problem?

Taceas

Arachnolord
Old Timer
White fuzz sounds like mold/fungus. =(

Is it alive that you can tell, if not, I'd say its already dead and is decomposing.

Other than that I'm sorry I can't help anymore.

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
if it is still alive, there is hope - though with slings, it's difficult to get them to survive mold/fungus. that's what the white fuzz sound like, but be sure it is mold (a pic would help) before you treat it.

now you need to act quickly. if you have pharma-alcohol (70%) at hand, put some on a q-tip and use it to get the obvious signs of mold off. be carefult not to put the stuff in the sling's book lungs.

then you go to a drugstore and buy an anti-fungal creme for human skin, there are some you will get without a receipe. there is no guarsntee that this will work for your sling, but it worked fine for a juvie and subadult i rescued that were infested with a fungus.

just put the cream on (spread very thin, and again, mind the book lungs) twice a day for a week. by then you should know if it will survive. the problem about a fungus is - you only see its surface, the worst is buried in the sling.

wish you luck!

edie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
thanks for the help. i think it was a fungus too, and the s'ling was alive last night when i found it, it moved its legs a lot.
i woke up this morning and it was dead
it was really small, maybe 1/4th inch so it would have been hard to do anything for it
now i'll know what to do if it happens again though

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I'm so sorry!!!! It is hard enough to treat T's that are ill or injured when they are adults, much less when they are that tiny. Please accept my sympathies for your loss.