a handle on things....

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
We were able to get a video of our A. purpurea and it is now easily our most beautiful tarantula. :D The color doesn't translate quite like real life, but it is still stunning.

So, here is our Twitch!:D

[YOUTUBE]4GqrrJ8YIGQ[/YOUTUBE]

Ictinike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Beautiful Avic!

Those hue's of purple must be grand in person and great info/camera work you two! :)

Amazing it just sat there.. Most Avic's I've ever handled constantly tried to walk off my skin or the constant `tread milling` over hands...

Nice work as always :D

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Beautiful Avic!

Those hue's of purple must be grand in person and great info/camera work you two! :)

Amazing it just sat there.. Most Avic's I've ever handled constantly tried to walk off my skin or the constant `tread milling` over hands...

Nice work as always :D
The purple of the carapace is very metallic looking purple, but you can't really see it on the video. Also thank you, I seem to be getting the hang of this camcorder and have fewer shakes and disorienting shifts of camera angle.;)

This one is normally the twitchiest of our Avicularia, but it wasn't in the mood to even walk around that day, let alone be twitchy. It has a bad habit of jumping as well, so that made doing this video much easier! It took a little work to get it on his hands though, it reminded me of the character Stuart off MadTv saying NOooooo..... lol

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Grammostola pulchra

Mulder, one of our 2 G. pulchra. :)

[YOUTUBE]t34kk88rQAc[/YOUTUBE]

Ictinike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'll let my husband, Mr. Gone, know.;) There is a reason he talks and I film. lol :D
While nothing against Mr. Gone I believe I've heard your voice before (some video, somewhere) and it wasn't bad at all.. I think you need to challenge him more for camera time, lol :)

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Aphonopelma hentzi

Yoshimi, our Aphonopelma hentzi:

[YOUTUBE]NRikFdZWPyQ[/YOUTUBE]

I am trying to gather all of these into one thread, so there are more to come.:)

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Avicularia versicolor

Envy, our A. versicolor:

[YOUTUBE]1NHN8E27cQE[/YOUTUBE]

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Psalmopoeus irminia

Bashir, one of 6 P. irminia:

[YOUTUBE]G-w2w96LLFw[/YOUTUBE]

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
While nothing against Mr. Gone I believe I've heard your voice before (some video, somewhere) and it wasn't bad at all.. I think you need to challenge him more for camera time, lol :)
Well thank you, but he is the kind of person that loves to teach/ talk about things he is interested in, whereas I love doing the filming aspect. Maybe when I finally am able to ditch the patch, I will be in a video. ;)

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Avicularia sp.avicularia

Another one to add to the collection! :D

Calypso our A. sp.avicularia:

[YOUTUBE]Ah5RECWq7so[/YOUTUBE]

bloodpythonMA

Arachnosquire
LOVE that P. irminia wrangling!!!:drool::worship:
Can't wait for mine to grow some more :D

---------- Post added at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer

---------- Post added at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

It was being a bit jumpy that day, literally. I was very happy to have caught its behavior before it decides to leap. Thank you for watching! :)