A good and bad weekend here!

Pociemon

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Lets start with the bad;

To my big surprise i saw one of my females haplopelma hainanum walking on the floor when i opened the door to my T room. I had obviously forgotten to lock her cage;-( I picked her up and gave her a thorough inspection. She was bleeding heavy on her right front leg where the leg are attached to her body. So i clened her up and gave her super glue on it, and the bleeding stopped almost immediatly. Here a few days later she is doing fine again. She seems to do fine, but not out of the woods yet. So bad mistake i did there, but it just shows that mistakes happen still after several years in the hobby, and remind one to up the standards.

But i also got these to make it to 1 instars;

0.0.70+ poecilotheria ornata.

dianedfisher

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm glad you were able to save your Hap. Losing her would have been extremely painful. I had something similar happen a month or so ago and I, too, was lucky that she didn't rupture due to the distance she had to have fallen. Congrats on the P.ornata babies. I hope I have some a few weeks behind yours. I remember we posted nearly the same time about mating our females on haplohole. Looks like it took nearly the same amount of time for the females to lay their sacs as well. I had given up hope. Looks like you have nice, fat little future spiderlings there. Awesome job!
Diane

Pociemon

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I'm glad you were able to save your Hap. Losing her would have been extremely painful. I had something similar happen a month or so ago and I, too, was lucky that she didn't rupture due to the distance she had to have fallen. Congrats on the P.ornata babies. I hope I have some a few weeks behind yours. I remember we posted nearly the same time about mating our females on haplohole. Looks like it took nearly the same amount of time for the females to lay their sacs as well. I had given up hope. Looks like you have nice, fat little future spiderlings there. Awesome job!
Diane

Hi Di

The haplo female was all but cooperating when i picked her up, actually, she was trying her best to bite me;) But she has just eaten, so i guess it is a good sign. I remember we talked about these matings, and my female made a sack after 4 weeks, quite fast! i hope you will get some nice babies soon;)

btw, i do have both males for haplopelma schmidti and hainanum ready now, so it is mating time here;) I have 3 ready hainanum males and 1 schmidti, so i hope it works out.

Last, i counted the babies today, 101 exactly.