A. gigas

EndlessForms

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
hey i have what i was told is a juvi A. gigas he's about 4-5 inches and i was wondering how fast these guys grow...i keep it at room temp. usually around 75-85 degrees...and feed it a variety of lettuce, cucumbers, hermit crab pellets, tomato, apple, carrot, etc... and he eats very well..so how long till he would be due for a molt?

Fyreflye

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've heard that these guys can take a while to reach maturity, though certainly not as long as some tarantulas i know! I purchased a few back in february of this year- at the time they were about 1.5", now they are about 3.5." I don't have the info to tell you if that's average growth or not, nor can i tell you how often they molt- they do so while burrowed down in the substrate.

Gnat

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i got 3 in november 09 and they were about 1 inch. they are now 3-4 inches so id say growth is rather slow. not sure how often they molt as ive only seen 2 of mine molt once.

J Morningstar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You most likely won't see him molt he will dissapear for weeks and then reapear. Do not feed during this time and never dig him up or try to take the molt, as they eat the whole thing to regain it's lost nutrients and it is essential to leave it alone.

Travis K

TravIsGinger
Old Timer
Under normal circumstances they take about 4-5 years to mature. I have about 1.6 mature adults and 6.4 from 5"-8". Hopefully I will have some young pedelings soon(fingers crossed).