A. geniculata's second date.

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Tonight is my second attempt to breed my Giant whitknees. After two nights of the female druming her feet and the male approching her, nothing realy happened. He walks up to her rubs her legs and then backs off.:? She seems more into it then him.(lucky, i wish i was him). He is def. mature, made a sperm web about a week and a half ago. Does anybody have experience breeding this spieces?

Attachments

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
No experience with that species here yet. I've got a pair that should reach maturity in the same time frame though in the next year. So, by all means, keep the updates and info coming. I wish you luck.

Botar

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Thanks for responding Botar....

Evan after i seperated them tonight, the female kept drumming her feet like crazy. Maybe i should of left them together a little longer tonight, but its time for me to hit the sac. I was afriad to leave them unatended. I will post more pics of this breeding attemp as they come. I wont stop till i have A. geniculata babies or a eaten male.:rolleyes: Lets hope for babies... I also have all this on Video including my Blondi's mated on tape. I would like to convert them to a windows media file to share with every one, but dont know how. Does any body have any info on that?

LaRiz

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Philth,
I've witnessed a mating with my pair. It was not unlike yours, very long courtship, with the male not as persistant as I wanted him to be, but he did want to breed. The female was not as perceptive also. The male was literally pushed into the female. After several attempted locks, a successful lock did not occur until about 20 minutes into the pairing.
You just have to have alot of patience and persistance. If you have the time, leave them at it together, but not unattended, for a good while.
Of course, all tarantulas have their own little mind, and rules don't apply.
john

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm not computer savy enough to help you with that. I don't blame you for not wanting to leave them alone together for too long. With the feeding response this species shows, I'd think you'd wind up with one fat and happy spider.

I wouldn't be too concerned about the male getting munched as long as you get babies out of the deal. When you do, keep me in mind. I love that species.

How did the T. blondi mating go? I have a male and two females I hope to mate when he matures. I'd be interested in hearing about your experiences there as well.

Botar

abstract

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
transferring video to computer format

I actually am somewhat computer savvy.....If you're looking for a way to get video onto your computer, you need to get either a video card w/inputs on it, or an adapter (typically USB) that will take input video. The adapter typically sells for under 100$, but I can't think of any particular brand names offhand. If you're seriously interested, PM me, and I could probably give you more detailed information.

On that note, if anybody hasn't seen it yet, I've got a webcam that I rotate between my 4 spiders, at http://tywebb.dyndns.org:8080 .

Good luck!