a few questions about my pinktoe

bayleaf

Arachnopeon
hello, this is my first tarantula but not my first spider (i have 2 jumpers and a velvet). i wanted to post here and ask if the enclosure looks okay. it is hard to see, but she has 3 sticks in there and the tallest one is blocked from view by her webbing. i have a water bowl but ive never seen her use it. in fact, ive never seen her leave her web in general, but i am either asleep or gone for work most of the time, so i suppose she could be. i typically just stick roaches in her webbing so they get stuck and are easy for her to find. additionally, i have used a syringe to drop some drops of water into her web a few times. please let me know if this is overkill. i dont mist either because ive read that i shouldn't. does this all sound correct?

she is in room temp 73-75f. i dont moniter humidity because i didnt see the point, if she doesnt get misted. let me know if that is wrong.

i dont ever plan on holding her but im not scared to stick my hand in there and move things around.

the enclosure is an 8x8x12 from primal fear tarantulas. i have no idea how old she is. she has not molted with me yet. theres ventilation on the top, two rows near the top, and two rows near the bottom. she of course chose to web up at the entrance, far away from any decor. this is fine because it is also top-opening.

Attachments

sparticus

Arachnoknight
Everything you are doing is correct. Looks good. They do appreciate a cork slant to hunt off as someone already mentioned, but your husbandry sounds on point. Great job doing your research!

bayleaf

Arachnopeon
okay thanks guys, i will buy a cork bark piece next time i go to the pet store. question: im having a difficult time knowing what is good for the abdomen size, what would you say she is right now: hungry, nuetral, fat? my jumpers eat weekly or so but i know tarantulas eat less often.

fcat

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
question: im having a difficult time knowing what is good for the abdomen size, what would you say she is right now: hungry, nuetral, fat? my jumpers eat weekly or so but i know tarantulas eat less often.
I would say thicc

or premolt

Edit I just noticed the spikes....is that some sort of tertiary security lololol

bayleaf

Arachnopeon
I would say thicc

or premolt

Edit I just noticed the spikes....is that some sort of tertiary security lololol
omg lol the spikes are for my cats.....one of them was interested in my gecko a while back so i set up a spike trap. (not jumping up on the vivarium or anything, just staring. still not good for the geckos stress levels). she jumped on the spikes -> ouch -> now wont go anywhere near spikes. none have shown any interest in the T but its just a precaution. maybe not the most humane prevention, but it worked?

fcat

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
omg lol the spikes are for my cats.....one of them was interested in my gecko a while back so i set up a spike trap. (not jumping up on the vivarium or anything, just staring. still not good for the geckos stress levels). she jumped on the spikes -> ouch -> now wont go anywhere near spikes. none have shown any interest in the T but its just a precaution. maybe not the most humane prevention, but it worked?
That's actually smart 😍

Welcome to the boards!!!

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Too much stuff on sub- easy for prey to hide- fix that

plump T