A few pics

chid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My curlyhair that moulted last night,I look forward to seeing it fatten up.

Chid

Attachments

chid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My B.boehmi that is coming up to a moult.

Attachments

Last edited:

blackacidevil

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Originally posted by chid
My curlyhair that moulted last night,I look forward to seeing it fatten up.

Chid

This looks more like a B_Vagans than a curlyhair. Are you trying to be tricky or what :? ?

chid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It must be the photo, its definately a curlyhair.
Chid

Buspirone

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That doesn't look like a curly to me either. The setae on the abdomen is too straight and the color looks wrong.

kellygirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have spiderlings of both B. albopilosum and B. vagans as well as a large juvenile B. albopilosum. The tarantula in that picture looks just like my spiderlings (which range from about 1-2 inches) after a molt. Their coloration is quite stunning! My large juvenile doesn't get that same brightness after a molt so I assume yall are going by pictures of adults that you've seen. B.vagans have a much blacker carapace and legs with the red setae on the abdomen. But remember, same genus--so they might look slightly similar! :)

kellygirl

Last edited:

Tangled WWWeb

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
But remember, same genus--so they might look slightly similar! :)

kellygirl [/B][/QUOTE]

I agree with KG. To make matters worse, there were hybrids of these two species on the market not long ago. :( Cronoss and I recently got several adults from another hobbyist who was getting rid of his entire collection.

John

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
those g. pulchras sure are nice,

My G pulchra that moulted on 30th March.
aren't they? We are very pleased with ours. She has just recently started bulldozing again...so, I don't know what trick she has planned...

Attachments

blackacidevil

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Perhaps this is a better pic.
Chid

What size is that flower pot? I assumed it was already a bit large (2") in comparison. I figured if it was that big it would be "curly" as hell.

D-Man

Arachnochicano
Old Timer
Mmm, nice pulchra's

Damn! My buy list just got bigger!

kellygirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
B. vagans has a creamy white outline of the carapace and much richer black color (similar to G. pulchra), especially post-molt. I will try to get a picture of my B. vagans that just molted yesterday to give you a comparison.

I've also noticed on my curly spiderlings that the hair on the abdomen is much less curly than the hair on the legs. Curlies aren't really all THAT curly-haired.

kellygirl

chid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Originally posted by blackacidevil
What size is that flower pot? I assumed it was already a bit large (2") in comparison. I figured if it was that big it would be "curly" as hell.
The flower pot is 2" at the widest part.
Chid