C. durissus, male

And a rattleless...

Vipera l. gaditana display caudal luring

All but molossus and gaditana was my animals

/Lelle

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Wow incredible shots and snakes! THere enclosures look beautiful too, got any pics of those. wow.:eek:

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
ROCKin herp candy! Yea, look like some nice displays too. This dialup service and loading pics is killing me!

Natemass

Arachnolord
Old Timer
i wish i could have hott snakes:wall: but i guess its a good thing

LeilaNami

Arachnoking
Old Timer
amazing you can tell the species of a snake by the blur in the photo :rolleyes:

Tleilaxu

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
amazing you can tell the species of a snake by the blur in the photo :rolleyes:
Now that I looked at the photo more carefully it IS a cornsnake, a normal variety(okeetee*spelling*). Once you have a cornsnake there hard to miss...

Kriegan

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hallo,

Excellent pics Lelle, as always beautiful specimens!!:drool:

Your L. gaditana was really gorgeous, this is one viper I've yet to keep. Though I've kept A. squamigera, young Cerastes cerastes, and baby b. gabonica vipers a few years ago, but not this one. Exactly how agressive was yours mate? This species is supposed to be agressive, but I have a friend in Leipzig that his female was a calm one. She was about 34cm and very shy.

Grüße,
Ulrich

Last edited:

Crotalus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Thanks

Kriegan,
I havent kept gaditana myself but a few friends of mine have for years and they all were absolutely psycho
Very aggressive, huffing and puffing as soon you got close to the tank
Definitly a species I like to keep one day along with V. (Montivipera) wagneri

/Lelle

Kriegan

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ja I know that’s whats strange, this species is known to be really aggressive and expected to give you a hard time, but for some reason his was just too calm. She was sold to him as a CB, but I had started to doubt that. I even thought she had to be a hybrid or could have some parasites if she was WC. That would've explained her behaviour. But she wasn’t sick that I know of, it was just odd that her behaviour was not that aggressive, and she wasn't refusing food either.

She wouldn’t huff and puff that much as expected, instead she would quickly hide very shy with any disturbance in her terrarium. Even my o. hannah was more aggressive than this girl:? We did take her out to examine her with a vet friend of his and found her to be healthy, so there was no prob. there.

I dunno what could’ve been wrong with her, but she was very beautiful though. I had another friend that had 2 males and they were all very aggresive too.

Crotalus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Sometimes the animals dont read the manual ;)

How big was your king? Did it feed on rodents?