A Few Easy Q's

Needles666

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi,

1. I have a P. Pulcher around 4 inches, I'm trying to figure out the sex of it, all I can tell is a horizontal slit. Not sure what that means or if it means anything at this point.

2. I have an Avic under an inch in size, however my lobster roaches are all larger than it at the moment. Do you think it would accept prekilled or maybe freeze dried crickets? just got it Friday...

Thanks for your help!

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
2. I have an Avic under an inch in size, however my lobster roaches are all larger than it at the moment. Do you think it would accept prekilled or maybe freeze dried crickets? just got it Friday...
If you have Lobsters then surley to god you have some small nymphs somewhere unless you just started keeping them. They reproduce like there is no tomorrow.

Needles666

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Not sure where all the babies went honestly, grew up maybe? I've had the same colony of lobsters for awhile, never seem to have more than 50 at any given point, but I keep them at room temp so like 75ish.

I haven't had a spiderling in a long time, so just juvie lobsters, sub adults and adults at the moment. Should have babies in a month or so, but looking to feed the sling before then hehe.

Smallest roach would still be larger than the sling, not by alot, but I wouldn't want to risk it.

As to the Pulcher, I don't mess with it and it rarely comes to a spot where I could take a pic, even then the KK glare would probably mess it up, besides I don't have a good macro camera...

Becky

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Sexing ventrally isn't very reliable anyway. Wait for a moult :) If you get the moult out dry, soak it in warm water and some washing up liquid, then you can position it as you like to examine it and sex it.

You could try flies with the sling? House flies or something? Or someone near you that keeps spiders that you could have a few crickets from? Or buy a pot of wax worms? Notso much of a waste coz they dont die,they hatch into moths which the spider will then eat also!

Needles666

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ah well I just went out and bought some pinhead crix, I'm sure most will go to waste... thx

AubZ

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I normally give my slings half dead crics. They all seem to be doing fine on that.