A few breeding questions!!

DrGigglez666

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Im gettin a male rosehair and a female rosehair and the male is mature. I was wondering:

1. Do they gotta make a sperm web to breed??
2. Do i put the male in with female or female in with male?
3. How do i know when to seperate them so the male doesnt gettin eaten??

dukegarda

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm in the same boat as you, I just got a handsome mature male to pair up with my mature female.

As far as I know so far from research, the male makes a sperm web and packs his pedipalps with sperm. Then the male is introduced to the female, AFTER she has been fed plenty.

The rest of your questions I cannot answer, and I'm curious of them as well.

I'd also like to add a few questions.

How do I know she is ready to have a male introduced?

I put the males container near my females enclosure, he's not drumming yet. When he drums, does this mean he is 'ready'?

How do I know she is ready for him?

DrGigglez666

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'm in the same boat as you, I just got a handsome mature male to pair up with my mature female.

As far as I know so far from research, the male makes a sperm web and packs his pedipalps with sperm. Then the male is introduced to the female, AFTER she has been fed plenty.

The rest of your questions I cannot answer, and I'm curious of them as well.

I'd also like to add a few questions.

How do I know she is ready to have a male introduced?

I put the males container near my females enclosure, he's not drumming yet. When he drums, does this mean he is 'ready'?

How do I know she is ready for him?

Thats cool yea ur right about feeding and u should breed like a few weeks after a molt or w/e up 2 like 6 months i think. and i think if he drums he's ready. and idk about the female someone with experience will help us im sure!!

ratz00

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Im gettin a male rosehair and a female rosehair and the male is mature. I was wondering:

1. Do they gotta make a sperm web to breed??
2. Do i put the male in with female or female in with male?
3. How do i know when to seperate them so the male doesnt gettin eaten??
I am no expert but this is what I do with my pair.

Sperm webs - yes the male has to make them and charge his palps. Thing is, if you bought the male as "mature", you won't know if he has made sperm webs prior to purchase. If he has, he wont make a new one unless he has expended the sperm from his palps. So its better to put in the male with the female before waiting for him to make one. This will also be a good way to find if the female is receptive. I personally prefer to put the male in the female enclosure. This will simulate things in nature, cause its the males that wancer to unfamiliar territory to mate. When I put in the male, its ussually a good distasnce away from the female. I am ready with my 18 inch chopsticks place in front of the female the moment the male approaches. Sometimes the male will need to go through courting motions for a few minutes before she reacts. In my case, the male drums a couple of seconds and the female answers and the male just rushes in and does his thing. After a minute or so, he unclasps and moves away in mad rush to the opposite direction. The female is still in a trance at this point. Legs up, dhelicerae open, as if in prayer...Its all over in a minute or two.

If the female is not receptive, as in the case of my campestrata pair, she "punches" the male away. Sometiems the male persist and she lunges to punch away some more, if the male doesnt take a hint, be sure to move him away already. Most of the time my male takes the hint and just runs and scales the first wall of the enclosure he comes into contact with.

These are my experiences so far. I hope this helps...

DrGigglez666

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I am no expert but this is what I do with my pair.

Sperm webs - yes the male has to make them and charge his palps. Thing is, if you bought the male as "mature", you won't know if he has made sperm webs prior to purchase. If he has, he wont make a new one unless he has expended the sperm from his palps. So its better to put in the male with the female before waiting for him to make one. This will also be a good way to find if the female is receptive. I personally prefer to put the male in the female enclosure. This will simulate things in nature, cause its the males that wancer to unfamiliar territory to mate. When I put in the male, its ussually a good distasnce away from the female. I am ready with my 18 inch chopsticks place in front of the female the moment the male approaches. Sometimes the male will need to go through courting motions for a few minutes before she reacts. In my case, the male drums a couple of seconds and the female answers and the male just rushes in and does his thing. After a minute or so, he unclasps and moves away in mad rush to the opposite direction. The female is still in a trance at this point. Legs up, dhelicerae open, as if in prayer...Its all over in a minute or two.

If the female is not receptive, as in the case of my campestrata pair, she "punches" the male away. Sometiems the male persist and she lunges to punch away some more, if the male doesnt take a hint, be sure to move him away already. Most of the time my male takes the hint and just runs and scales the first wall of the enclosure he comes into contact with.

These are my experiences so far. I hope this helps...

That helps me alot thanks alot bro!! Now i know what to do and look for hopefully i can sucessfully breed her. The dude said he hasnt seen any webs unless they were messed up and he didnt catch them. But he's already mature and he said he ate a couple nights ago so ill have to see. If worse comes to worse ill buy another male or something no worries!!! {D