A. fasciculatas

Tremors

Arachnopeon
Back in the 90's I had a few A. versicolor and one Pinktoe, but now I see quite a few different species of Avicularia that I am not familiar with.

Recently, while searching the web for information about Tarantulas, I came across a picture of a Tarantula identified as A. fasciculata(Amazon Sapphire Pinktoe.)

It had a really wild color scheme; metallic aqua marine on the tops of it's legs, and carapace, and a red stripe running down the middle of the top of the abdomen with dark blue lines on either side intersected with several lateral black lines.

Is this the true color of this species?

Tremors

Arachnopeon
I've been doing some more research on this Tarantula since yesterday and every picture I come across shows this Tarantula looking awesome. I was going to get a A. versicolor but now I'm having second thoughts.

I also read that they tend to be a little flighty as opposed to other Avics. How about your personal experience with it's it's temperament?

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
I have a couple 2" slings. They have been the most flighty Ts in my collection. I am very careful to open there containers. This is only my experience with 1-2" slings. I havnt kept any adults.

They remind me alot of pokies when they run but they dont try to be "invisible" first. They are just as fast too.

Last edited:

Lorum

Arachnosquire
They remind me alot of pokies when they run but they dont try to be "invisible" first. They are just as fast too.
Well, my Avicularia diversipes slings are way more slow than my Poecilotheria ornata slings. And don't tend to be so skittish. They are still small slings though (legspan = 1 inch), but my P. ornata are small as well.

jdmjames

Arachnopeon
they are tons of fun, i have a 1inch sling and i got my gf one too. mine loves to jump aroundd. first time i didnt even realize it jumped til i saw it on the floor about a foot away from me running. my gf's isnt as skittish and is still yet to jump too, completley different personalities. but still lots of fun, they are still in their greenish stage,i cant wait for a molt :D

jere000

Arachnosquire
Does anyone know who is selling A. Diversipes?If so how much do they usually go for?

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Does anyone know who is selling A. Diversipes?If so how much do they usually go for?
Plenty of vendors in the classifieds offer them,as well as a few members/mods as of late...expect to spend anywhere between $39 and $55 dollars from what I have seen recently.

Last edited:

jere000

Arachnosquire
Plenty of vendors in the classifieds offer them,as well as a few members/mods as of late...expect to spend anywhere between $39 and $55 dollars from what I have seen recently.
Yeah I went to the classified and Paul at um I think it was petcenter or something like that had them.