A Couple Of S'ling Observations

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
1. My new GBB s'ling is definatly the most aggressive cricket killer that I have ever witnessed -- even more than my geniculata. This guy snatches a cricket faster than anything. My H. aureopilosum and late Usambara, didn't even come close. Anybody else notice the prey drive of their GBB's. Because of my GBBs attitude, I have named him Slayer. Slayer made an album called Show No Mercy, and the GBB definately shows no mercy to crickets.

2. For the longest time, my Haplopelma aureopilosum just stayed underground. But when I got some corkbark and put it around his entrance, he build a funnel entrance attached to the bark and the terrarium. Now, I see him perched on his entrance quite a bit, just looking (for food I guess). Anybody else notice this behavior in ther haps?

Jon

Theraphosa

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
that's cool... but I think my Usambara and my Asian chevron would be my most aggressive cricket and roach killer.
yes, all my burrow tarantulas likes to hang outside it's entrance, it's means they are hungry.....

Doug H

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
jon, all my Hap's dont waste any time. as well as my C.paganus.but my c.thorelli is not as fast to catch them.My P.cambridgei is a big fat pig to.but I also have a Indian Violet thats only about 1/2" -1" and that thing attacks prey like it hasnt eaten in a year
Doug

Chris

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I agree that they are aggressive hunters... but in my collection its my T. Blondi sling that is the hardest hitter.

Things barely touch the ground before he is on them.

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Re: Well, Got Pictures!

Originally posted by Big Dragonfly

2. For the longest time, my Haplopelma aureopilosum just stayed underground. But when I got some corkbark and put it around his entrance, he build a funnel entrance attached to the bark and the terrarium. Now, I see him perched on his entrance quite a bit, just looking (for food I guess). Anybody else notice this behavior in ther haps?

Jon
Here are a few pictures of the funnel entrance to my Hap's underground lair.

Last edited: