A bit of good news

Bjamin

Arachnosquire
After reading a few posts at work today because thats more fun than working I got parinoid that my t blondi may in fact be a burgundy but after a close look it has the long hairs on her patella and I gave her 2 crickets that she was all over them;P. How much should I be feeding a growing girl?

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Let's see some pictures, we'll tell you for sure ;P. Feeding tarantulas is totally different than feedings cats, dogs, or reptiles IMO. It is entirely on the owner how much they want to feed the T as long as they don't jeopardize the Ts health. You can feed it as much as you want, but be aware that with a larger abdomen the risk of a rupture or any other damage increases. I like to feed mine once or twice a wee; keeping their abdomen a good size but not huge.

Bjamin

Arachnosquire
Can I get a positive Id please

what do you guys think?

Last edited:

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hm...It looks like you have a true blondi :clap:
But please, post a couple of more pictures of her entire self.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yup looking like a Theraphosa blondi, but more pictures of different angles and the entire T would be better.

Bjamin

Arachnosquire
this is the only other one I have right now

Last edited:

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
See from now that angle it appears to be Theraphosa sp. burgundy, but it may just be because the hairs are blending into the background.

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hm, funny.

If its a juvie, which it looks like, is a T.Spinipes (burgundy)

JC

Arachnolort
Old Timer
After reading a few posts at work today because thats more fun than working I got parinoid that my t blondi may in fact be a burgundy...

Whats so bad about owning a T.Spinipes? :confused:;P

Big_nito

TRISKELION
Old Timer
Hmmm now im also wondering if my T. Blondi isnt a true T. Blondi... Grrrr... Looks exactly the same as the picture above. I still love it the same though...

However....
JC: the funny thing is when u buy something and u thought that its the true T. Blondi and turns out its not then its kinda upsetting... But hey, Ts are Ts and they are all the same for me... Lovely creatures...

Bjamin

Arachnosquire
nothing wrong with it but I orderd a t blondi and paid more than I wanted to because it was the t I wanted either way she is a beauty

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Nothing at all I have 6 :) I think they are just as gorgeous.

Hmmm now im also wondering if my T. Blondi isnt a true T. Blondi... Grrrr... Looks exactly the same as the picture above. I still love it the same though...

However....
JC: the funny thing is when u buy something and u thought that its the true T. Blondi and turns out its not then its kinda upsetting... But hey, Ts are Ts and they are all the same for me... Lovely creatures...
Most Theraphosa blondi end up being Theraphosa sp. burgundy :wall: So when someone posts a T.blondi for sale, double check to make sure it is.

JC

Arachnolort
Old Timer
nothing wrong with it but I orderd a t blondi and paid more than I wanted to because it was the t I wanted either way she is a beauty
Ah, OK. Just seems a bit funny that everyone now wants the 'true' T.blondi even though there was no real 'official'(still really insn't actually) distinction between the two until recently.

If it was sold to you as "True" T.blondi just recently I would get a refund, if it I has been in your collection for sometime, before the T.Spinipes 'announcements', I wouldn't really care.

Big_nito

TRISKELION
Old Timer
Clear picture for comparison

:? Are there good pictures here in AB gallery that could really be used for comparison purposes? I mean like a clear picture from different angles between the burgundy and the true blondi... Just getting curious...{D

JC

Arachnolort
Old Timer

Bjamin

Arachnosquire
So I got a few more pics cn we come to a consenus on her?

Last edited:

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
I'm no expert, but my guess would be Blondi. Where did you get him/her?