A. bicoloartum molting rigth now!! Help pease!!

TigerWoman

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
A. bicoloartum molting rigth now!! Help needed!!

My T is on her back rigth now, about to molt after a long time not eating...:)

What`s worries me, is that one of her legs has glue on it after i was fiksing a bleeding leg!!!

Is this going to cause trouble? Any of you had this trouble?

Please give me some answeres, it`s "my" first molt :?

Last edited:

Gail

Arachnopixie
Old Timer
The best you can do is keep an eye on her. The glue on her leg should just come off with the molt. It is common for adult tarantulas to go weeks without eating before a molt. As long as she appeared in good health she really shouldn't have any problems. If she should appear stuck you can try using a soft artists brush and some warm water to moisten the skin. Keep in mind though, it can take some T's many hours to molt - don't mistake resting for being stuck. Keep us updated on her performance and we will get you through this :D

Gail

savian

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well about the only thing I can say for sure is that if the leg gets stuck the T might throw the leg off herself. I sorry I can give more info on this I have never had any T's with that problem.

TigerWoman

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks alot Gail and others that are helping mee! I`m still new to this hobby!

I think she is in good shape, and i have been misting alot the last tre weeks, so it should not be to drie :)

She is so cute laing there helpless on here back :D I sure hope it goes alright!

I`l keep you updated :p

Last edited:

Vayu Son

Old Timer
><

Make sure not to mist the T itself while its molting, or you will succeed in drowning your own spider. Another rule of thumb is not to disturb your T during its molt for at least the first 8 hours, and then when it is visibly troubled, very carefully aid it.

-V

TigerWoman

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
:D She is done molting!!:D It went just greate!
She is relaxing now and she looks wery nice!! No trouble with her leg at all!! :p

It is nice to know that you gays are here, so that i can ask you when i`m insecure! Thanks alot!:)

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Glad to hear it went well... thanks for the update.

Botar

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
oh that is good news! I came in too late on this one to help..you should see what we did the other night on the 'emergency please help thread ! A few of us stayed up way past our bedtime (well, I did anyway LOL) and helped a guy who had a cricket stuck under his molting T. She came through it just fine as well.
Good to know about the glue, I wondered about that.

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by TigerWoman
:D She is done molting!!:D It went just greate!
She is relaxing now and she looks wery nice!! No trouble with her leg at all!! :p

It is nice to know that you gays are here, so that i can ask you when i`m insecure! Thanks alot!:)
have you taken any pics? what size is it now? bicoloratums are IMHO one of the prettiest of the aphonopelmas, I have several adult females and a few lings and one juv male.
Ed