A. Avicularia questions

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
it's shakin' dave. :)

yeah i know, when i first got into reptiles i was majorly stressed out. lol. however, now i know better.

i think it's just more a matter of learning your individual Ts behavior and seeing what's normal and what isn't for them. for a lot of beginners i'm sure, knowing what is 'safely' normal is a large part of it.

plus, setting up new vivariums/enclosures/tanks is a challenge if you've never done it before because if you care for the animals at all, you naturally question yourself.

TheDon

ArachnoDon
Old Timer
Well if such a small T is in a huge aqaurium, think of it this way (this is what someone else said in an earlier post but i forget who it was) but anyways... think of it as you on a football field and your dog is running away from you and you are trying to catch it, think of how hard it would be to catch it in such an open area, if you were in a smaller area it would be easy for you to catch the dog. It is the same way with the T, if it is small and in such a huge area it is harder for her to find her food. Not to say that they will never find it but while it is little it is usually a better Idea to have her in a smaller tank. But I mean its total personal choice but from what I know of most peoples aboreal setups they are tall but not very much floor space. Im sorry I dont know who posted that originally like a month ago but it was good advice. and I know in the wild that tarantulas have to go really far for their prey but not all of them survive so it would be easier on the little T to be in a smaller tank, and when it gets bigger a 10 Gallon tank will be fine but even then you could go with something smaller but tall. Anyways im not saying that what u did was wrong this was just a recommendation. Anyways Good luck with it. They are very nice T's a docile too.

peace

TheDon

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
seems like the back set of legs on the second one are fuzzier/fluffier. clearer pictures would probably lend even more useful details for identification as well.

TheDon

ArachnoDon
Old Timer
Nice coloring on both those Pinktoes. My Adult is mainly just black but like yours my little pinktoe is nice and colorful.

Nice pics keep em comin

TheDon

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
here's a pic of my beauty. i just looove this T, even though it hasn't eaten for me yet... -whine-

jesses

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Originally posted by skadiwolf
seems like the back set of legs on the second one are fuzzier/fluffier. clearer pictures would probably lend even more useful details for identification as well.
They both moved positions last night and now I can't tell which is which :D

But really I was just holding the camera at a funny angle and it was focusing on the front part of the Avic, so the back legs are out of focus and appear fluffy.